Staff Emerging Markets Manager, Infectious Disease
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a motivated, strategic marketing professional to join a vibrant growing segment at Illumina. Reporting to the Global Director of the Emerging Markets group within Global Segment Marketing, this position leads the infectious disease new market opportunity assessment function. Collaborates and engages with a matrixed team, which includes (but not limited to): global and regional segment marketing, product management, commercial, business development, market access, medical affairs, finance, regulatory, legal, clinical development, R&D, and public relations.
* Contributes subject matter expertise related to future market trends within the infectious disease market in efforts to build a long-term strategic plan for this critical and rapidly growing global segment.
* Identifies, analyzes, and translates product, brand, customer, patient, and relevant information to frame and solve business problems and build effective marketing and business plans.
* Effectively leads research efforts in primary research projects and understands the healthcare business environment including familiarity with global markets and payers, distribution channels, and pricing strategies.
* Demonstrates ability to segment a market, select optimal target audiences and position effectively for the target segment.
* Understands how to develop the appropriate assumptions to build 10-year market models and forecasting.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to accommodate change.
* This position requires strong leadership competencies, specifically in terms of influence management, collaboration, leading through ambiguity and effectively handling multiple partners and projects.
* Strong business writing and oral communication skills with experience in presentation development are required.
* Strong attention to detail - ensures accuracy of communications.
* Skilled at planning, project management, time management, communicating, decision-making, organizational relations.
* Ability to engage with and motivate regional marketing and commercial teams.
* Willingness to travel at least 30% when company travel reopens
* Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting global healthcare promotion
* Understanding of attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions. Knowledge of marketing concepts within the strategic planning process.
* Experience and ability to demonstrate financial planning and analysis skills.
* Experience in global markets is a plus.
* Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent, may require an advanced degree (MS / PhD), in applicable field or equivalent.
* Typically has 7-10 years of related experience, with specific segment expertise preferred.
* Typically has depth of technical knowledge in function derived from experience in non-management and middle management roles.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf