Sr. Manager Strategic Sourcing - Indirect Categories
Employment Type: Full-Time
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Adhering to the Procurement policy and best practices, this position will align closely with internal stake holders for complete procurement life cycle (S2P). Majority of the job responsibility includes supporting development of and executing commodity sourcing strategies for Global, regional, and local initiatives across all indirect categories (CapEx, MRO, Lab Equipment and Supplies, Callibration and other technical services ).
This position is key in helping illumina achieve tangible cost savings through appropriate strategies including price and contract negotiations, vendor consolidation, defining buying channels, Catalog creation, preferred pricing agreements etc. This position will also be responsible for mitigating contractual risk with outside suppliers.
This role has the opportunity to develop and lead a team to introduce best practices in the technical purchasing space. Change Management and stakeholder engagement will be the key to success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement plans for execution of broader strategies for assigned categories which will include technical and clinical.
* Using appropriate e-tools ( Ariba etc.) create launch and manage the RFP process per category strategy
* Create and present bid comparisons, TCO analysis, should cost analysis
* Identify vendor consolidation opportunities, Catalog opportunities and partner with the appropriate stakeholders to lead implementation efforts for these strategies.
* Perform spend analysis based on current vendor information and identify opportunities for cost savings
* Track and report savings for each executed strategy.
* Ability to communicate purchasing policies and guidelines that effectively balance administrative burden, cost savings, and risk/liability
* Work cross-functionally within a global matrix organizational structure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Develop and implement key supplier measurement metrics.
* Work closely with Project Managers/Engineers/Scientists to avoid and/or resolve project-specific procurement issues. Ensures purchasing timelines and other purchasing requirements are captured during the project planning phase.
* Work closely with Legal, risk management, finance and project management to ensure timely, transparent and professional negotiations of contracts.
* Respond to requests in a timely manner and be proactive in looking for potential sourcing opportunities
* Provide day to day guidance to and Oversee work of junior employees, contractors/temp employees as assigned by supervisor
* Determine appropriate use of assigned resources to achieve goals and meet schedules.
* Participate in meetings/communications with management in support of business reviews/meetings as they relate to significant capital projects/expansions.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
* Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering/Science, supply chain, economics, business management, finance, or directly related discipline. MBA preferred.
* Must have minimum of 10-12 years demonstrated experience in indirect procurement.
* Preferred category experience in technical/engineering or clinical/lab equipment and supplies.
* Demonstrated experience in cost reduction and contract negotiations for complex contracts for indirect categories.
* Should have a good understanding of ERP systems (SAP/Ariba ideal) to understand how they work and can be used to effectively execute and monitor the business spend.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Ideal experience includes work in regulated industries like Life Sciences, pharma, food processing, automotive, etc.
* Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to build relationships and influence others at all levels within the organization.
* Excellent business, financial and negotiating skills are required along with knowledge of quality systems, lean manufacturing processes and project management knowledge.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf