Employment Type: Full-Time
As an Integration Scientist on the Customer Collaboration and Innovation team at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to help create new genomic products and solutions used in the leading edge of research. You will work cross-functionally with external customers, software teams, lab services and commercial partners to translate customer requirements into robust products.
* Serve as primary point of contact supporting customers in the creation of targeted re-sequencing and array genotyping products
* Engage with customers in the process of product creation, including but not limited to collection of content requirements and expert use of design software and analysis tools applied in product design and optimization
* Analyze datasets and troubleshoot issues
* Effectively commutate technical limitations, tradeoffs and risks
* Document design process and any issues/risks encountered
* Engage software teams in implementation of complex customer requirements as needed
* Clearly and consistently communicate with customers, internal and field teams on product status and deliverables
* Ensure high customer satisfaction through delivery of high quality services and products
* Support project teams as subject matter expert and bring voice of customer into product development
* 0-2 years of experience in successful, product development environment desired.
* Must be meticulous and detail oriented
* A desire to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
* A broad scientific knowledge (molecular biology, bioinformatics, etc.)
* Ability to operate within competing and changing priorities
* Excellent problem solving, verbal and written communications skills
* Work experience with NGS and/or microarray and/or genomics tools highly desirable
* Prior experience working with customers highly desirable
* Prior project management experience highly desirable
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf