Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Summary Statement:
This position will contribute to the category research, product ideation, concept creation and refinement, CAD development & product specification and final design.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Annually execute the product line tactics and adhere to predetermined strategies throughout the course of the year. Where warranted includes participation in the crafting of the strategies.
* Forecast color, patterns, materials and technology trends and applies to product designs.
* Develop assigned product line(s) activities from research of current industry dynamics to the industrial design and product specification.
* Research specific categories and create designs that fill line gaps versus competition.
* Present Trend and Color direction to internal and external customers.
* Adapt NA product lines for global use when appropriate. Include other company projects related to assigned product lines in the NA market as appropriate.
* Work with project teams to ensure the IP is properly filed for by market and on a timely basis.
* Forecast color, materials and technology trends and presents to internal and external customers.
* Produce competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
* Recommend and/or conducts product evaluation studies.
* Prepare formal recommendations to management regarding product.
* Other duties assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or related field.
* Experience: Five (5) years of experience in cut and sew soft-goods new product development; must have mechanical capacity to understand basic factory processes as they relate to product development.
* English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
* Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
* Physical Demands: General office environment.
* Strong 3D computer skills and good interpretation of design intent.
* Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
* Strong understanding of color and pattern as it relates to the product design.
* Proficient in MS Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel and Power Point).
* Excellent sketching- strong 2D and perspective sketching skills, quick concept drawing abilities, strong color rendering skills, understanding and ability to create hand drawn control drawings, understanding and ability to create exploded views, and good sense of materials, color and textures.
* Must be able to evaluate design ideas based on factors such as appealing appearance, design, function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, price, production costs, methods of production, market characteristics, and client specifications.
Experience working / managing in foreign and domestic suppliers.
* Problem Solving Skills.
* Presentation Skills.
Igloo's Code of Coolness:
WE WIN AS A TEAM - Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
WE HAVE FUN - Coolers are a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.
WE FAIL FAST - There are few decisions that any of us make that can't be reversed. We take calculated risks and we hold ourselves accountable for the results. We change course when necessary and we learn from our mistakes. We win because we're willing to fail.
WE'RE SCRAPPY - We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and we have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
WE HAVE A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE - We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.