Senior Field Biologist On-Call
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Field Biologist On-Call
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.
ICF is currently seeking an On-Call Senior Field Biologist to be based out of our Sacramento or San Francisco, CA office.
About On-Call Employment with ICF
Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as 'On-Call' employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (along as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).
This position involves leading biological resource surveys on a variety of transportation, energy, water, and urban projects in central California. Work would generally be located in the Northern California region. Fieldwork is likely to include a variety survey for special-status species and leading construction compliance monitoring efforts. The lead field biologist will coordinate with other field biologists to ensure project coverage, prepare and review daily monitoring logs, reports, and preparation of biological reports.
What You Will Do
* Independently and collaboratively perform field surveys for special-status species, natural communities and habitats. Field surveys may include walking transects, walking and mapping habitat boundaries, trapping or collecting specimens, visually identifying animal.
* Independently perform environmental compliance monitoring at construction sites (including preconstruction clearance surveys and environmental awareness training), coordinating with construction crews, and being responsive to ever-changing schedules.
* Act as biological task lead to evaluate project plans for determining potential impacts on special-status species and other biological resources.
* Prepare daily field notes summarizing field survey results and monitoring responsibilities.
What You Will Need
* Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences or other related field of study.
* 5+ years of experience with biological monitoring, construction monitoring, field surveys for special-status species and natural communities and habitats.
* Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Proficiency in use of GPS technology for navigation and data collection in the field.
* Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
What We'd Like You to Have
* Experience conducting surveys for Northern CA special-status wildlife species including California tiger salamander, California red-legged frog, and foothill yellow-legged frog.
* Experience with data entry and formatting.
* Knowledge of survey techniques and protocols for conducting special status amphibian surveys in Northern California
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA82)