Data Engineer Co'Op - Cloud Pak for Data
Employment Type: Full-Time
IBM Cloud Pak® for Data is a fully-integrated data and AI platform that modernizes how businesses collect, organize and analyze data to infuse AI throughout their organizations. Cloud native by design, the platform unifies market-leading services spanning the entire analytics life-cycle. From data management, DataOps, governance, business analytics and automated AI, IBM Cloud Pak for Data helps eliminate the need for costly, and often competing, point solutions while providing the information architecture clients need to implement AI successfully.
Building on the streamlined hybrid-cloud foundation of Red Hat® OpenShift®, IBM Cloud Pak for Data takes advantage of the underlying resource and infrastructure optimization and management. The solution fully supports multi-cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud® and private cloud deployments.
The Data and AI Expert Labs organization is looking for a Co'op Data Engineer / Data Scientists to join the Cloud Pak for Data organization to support deployments of the technology for clients.
**Your Role and Responsibilities**
STARTING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS JANUARY 2021. THIS POSITION HAS FLEXIBLE HOURS (APPROXIMATELY 20) WHILE ATTENDING SCHOOL WITH FULL-TIME HOURS EXPECTED IN THE SUMMER. THE POSITION WOULD START OFF REMOTELY AND BE EVALUATED IF RETURNING TO THE OFFICE WOULD OCCUR IN SUMMER 2021. SUMMER WORK LOCATION WOULD BE SAN JOSE, CA.
What you'll do as a Co'op Data Engineer / Data Scientist in the Expert Labs Cloud Pak for Data organization:
- Deploy Cloud Pak for Data for IBM clients across various platforms
- Deploy AI and Machine Learning solutions for clients on Cloud Pak for Data
- Help define Cloud Pak for Data architectures that operationalize the platform and map relevant client use cases to satisfy key stakeholders and drive business value
- Assist client development teams with Cloud Pak for Data environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information
- Leverage customer data assets to optimize profitability, grow customer relationships, improve experience and satisfy business need
- Ensure consistent data quality, establish data standards and governance, integrate data between on premise and cloud both operationally and analytically
- Optimize data retrieval and develop dashboards, reports and other visualizations for
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and deploy successful analytical solutions
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors