Executive Sous Chef
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work at Encinita's hottest new resort, Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas! A defining and iconic beachfront resort located in North County, San Diego, Alila Marea is just 28 miles north of San Diego International Airport. The vibe here is refreshingly unpretentious, artsy and chill, and a place where the local residents take a balanced, holistic approach to the good life.
True to Alila's pillars of conscious travel, VAGA Restaurant & Bar offers a menu of modern creations that celebrates the finest local and sustainably sourced ingredients, including the incredible bounty of the ocean that hugs our shores. Our award-winning Executive Chef, Claudette Zepeda, is a San Diego native who gives expression to the region's unique cultures and landscapes in an exciting confluence of flavors that sing in harmony.
We are looking for colleagues who can quickly perpetuate a culture that embraces great design and superlative service. We seek unique individuals who have a passion for exceptional hotel service that is both intuitive and personal, and who best express that belief in an atmosphere of spontaneity and authenticity. At Alila Hotels, a Hyatt Hotels brand, we believe our guests select our luxury resort because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful, surprisingly different experiences.
* Support senior leadership by developing and assuming key management responsibilities
* Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
* Supervise departmental Sous Chefs performance and provide them council as to the preparation and cooking of various food items
* Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
* Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
* Manage hourly kitchen colleagues through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
* Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and colleague satisfaction results
* Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis ensuring financial performance and control
* Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
* Organize and facilitate departmental meetings, training and goals setting
Join our team and enjoy bountiful benefits:
Complimentary on-site parking!
Discounted Hyatt Hotel rooms and complimentary Hyatt Hotel rooms after a year of service!
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance!
401k with generous company match after one year!
Vacation time and sick time available after 90 days!
Great kitchen learning atmosphere!
Great work environment!
Enjoy incredible ocean views!
Highly competitive pay!
* 3 to 5 years experience as a culinary leader in a high volume, fine dining restaurant; luxury hotel experience preferred.
* Culinary degree and/or related restaurant/hotel experience is preferred.
* Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
* Candidate should have indepth knowledge of all kitchen operations.
* Should have a professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedures.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time.
* Maintains a positive attitude and takes initiative to get the job done.
* Committed to producing quality work.
* Supportive team player.
* Eager to learn and to share knowledge and skills.
* Experience with training, financial management and customer service
* Proficient in general computer knowledge
* A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
* Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
* Flexible schedule