Maintenance Manager - DeLuz Family Housing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We are committed to offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that provides options for both you and your family's health, wellness, and financial security. We understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity-and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family. The Company's benefits package is designed to add value to your personal and professional lives with features that enhance health and wellbeing. Some of the benefits the company offers includes paid time off, medical, dental, retirement, rewards program, and so much more!
The Maintenance Manager will assist the Maintenance Director/Community Director in maintaining the physical condition of property in safe, attractive, and comfortable condition including, but not limited to, establishing preventive maintenance programs, performing property and equipment inspections, maintaining the project inventory, supervising personnel, assigning maintenance tasks, and preparing work schedules, and ensuring compliance with all maintenance related policies. As a Maintenance Manager, your overall responsibility will be to ensure that the units and other property facilities at your assigned location remain in good working order. You will perform tasks as needed, which may include service requests and preparing units for rent availability (including painting units and landscape duties.
Essential Job Functions
* This position requires driving for the company using either a company vehicle, rental vehicle or their personal vehicle.
* Direct supervision Maintenance Technicians and employees. Supervision includes hiring, training, performance management and, termination of direct reports.
* Schedule, train, daily supervision, and evaluate all subordinate maintenance personnel.
* Prioritize work orders, and follow up on assignments to ensure completion.
* Establish emergency on-call procedures.
* Responsible for all company owned equipment and small tools.
* Supervise the make ready of vacated units.
* Make regular inspections of the property.
* Establish preventive maintenance procedures.
* Prepare Purchase Orders and order all parts and supplies.
* Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Assist the Community Director in performing annual / semi-annual unit inspections.
* Assist in all aspects of the project's maintenance, including grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred, and emergency.
* Assist Maintenance Director as requested.
* Contribute to resident retention programs.
* Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
* Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma (or equivalent)/ advanced training or degree in building maintenance, management, construction, skilled trades or other related subject preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
* High school diploma required.
* Have knowledge of the following trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and general building maintenance and 5 or more years' experience in building maintenance.
* One to two years' staff supervisory experience required.
* Must have a valid driver's license and insurance.
* Perform work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 50 pounds regularly and above 50 pounds occasionally.
* Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts as needed.
* Previous experience managing other highly desirable.
* HVAC/EPA certification required.
* OSHA 10 certification required.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.