Corporate HR Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under general supervision, the HR Assistant performs a broad range of human resources tasks related to verification of payroll, benefits, HRIS, employee relations, recruitment, hiring, safety and training. Initiates benefits paperwork, produces employee newsletter and assists in special projects. As a representative and team member of human resources, this position is expected to present oneself in a manner that reflects professionalism and ensures resident satisfaction.
This position will need to be at the office majority of the time, so only candidates in the Pleasanton area will be considered Pay range $20-27/hr depending on experience
* Receives, sorts and distributes incoming HR mail and packages, prepares outgoing mail and packages.
* Manages the functions of employment records filing, team member benefits including health, retirement and long-term care; and insures team member enrollment in these plans. Facilitates answers to questions regarding HR.
* Assist and investigates industrial injuries and processes all workers' compensation claims, maintains OSHA Log, provides injury report analysis. Produces monthly injured workers reports for Safety Committee and quarterly report for Risk Management Committee.
* Assist with new hires and terminations timely, producing offer letters, scheduling fingerprints and pre-employment screenings physicals.
* Ensures proper filing of all documents related to team members' employment.
* Supports the facilitation of FMLA and other leaves through the company's outside administrator.
* Assist with payroll as needed through payroll system and HR Database systems, ensuring accuracy of payroll reports, requesting manual payroll checks as needed, and sorting payroll checks for distribution.
* Minimum AA degree with course work in business administration/human resources or related fields;
* At least three years of general office work with progressive and directly related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities
* Acquainted with State and Federal laws
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career advancement.
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!