Branch Service Manager - Cathay
Employment Type: Full-Time
Manages operational, service, accounting and compliance-related activities within a large retail branch. Manages completion of branch transactional activities while supporting client alternative delivery channel alternatives. Ensures a premium client experience within the branch channel. Works with Branch Manager to support these efforts, while maintaining overall responsibility for all operational activities within the branch.
The successful candidate for this role will initially join HSBC, and then is expected to join Cathay Bank in a comparable role as part of a transfer of business in late 2021 or early 2022. Please discuss this with the hiring manager if you have any questions.
Impact on the Business
* Ensure the overall appearance of the branch is appropriate and proper stocking and placement of collateral.
* Monitor overdraft accounts and seek to minimize aged overdrafts.
* Responsible for operational soundness and audit results of branch. Maintain overall responsibility and manage all operations activities within the branch.
* Ensure promotion and use of alternative delivery channels for customers
Customers / Stakeholders
* Manage the provision of service to branch customers. Identify potential process improvements to ensure achievement of branch performance targets.
* Manage and own the customer experience within the branch ensuring service excellence and timely resolution of service and operational issues.
* Ensure service and operational personnel and identify and act on sales referral opportunities (note that sale of wealth management products requires full licensing).
Leadership & Teamwork
* Live and represent the brand; exemplify the five brand attributes of being perceptive, progressive, responsive, respectful and fair, both internally and externally.
* Manage Customer Service Representatives to ensure proper servicing of banking needs for branch customers.
* Monitor each branch sales professional's process at account opening and maintenance to ensure compliance with all bank Know Your Customer/AML and operational standards.
* Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
* Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
* Complete accounting-related responsibilities for the branch including regular cash control activities (ATM processing, current transaction system reconciliations, negotiable instruments) and general ledger account maintenance and reconciliation.
* Ensure branch activities comply with all applicable regulations, including Know Your Customer and ensure attainment of all satisfactory branch audits with no Know Your Customer exceptions; ensure management and personnel awareness of discovered control issues. Complete preliminary investigations into potential fraud and loss situations. Manage compliance and other training for branch personnel.
* Ensure adherence to established customer interaction standards for every transaction.
* To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
* Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
* Managing operational and service activities in a matrix management environment ensuring coordination of activities with branch management.
* Managing and having overall responsibility for operational activities within a larger branch and the inherent greater volume and complexity of problems and issues in a branch of this size.
Management of Risk
* Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
* Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials.The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Observation of Internal Controls
* Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
* Minimum of six years proven and progressive customer service and or operational experience within the branch environment or equivalent, including a minimum of two years proven experience as a Branch Service Manager or equivalent.
* Bachelors degree in business, accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
* Proven managerial, decision making, customer service, organizational, analytical, planning and mathematical skills.
* Sound knowledge of Company products and services offered within the branch system, related operational activities and pertinent regulations.
* Ability to lead and direct service team to complete transactional customer requests and resolve client issues.
* Required to maintain a Notary Public License.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.