Quality Tech III, Torque
Employment Type: Full-Time
Howmet Fastening Systems (HFS) is seeking an Quality Tech III, Torque at our aerospace manufacturing facility in the Fullerton, CA.
This is an opportunity to grow your career at a large, international aerospace company. The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), a 401(k) matching program, and paid holidays and vacation.
Howmet Fastening Systems (HFS) holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; we employ over 6,000 people in 11 countries at 32 locations. HFS is a business unit of Howmet (NYSE: HWM).
This position is involved directly in the inspection and testing of product in the in-process and final inspection areas. This position prepares metallurgical mounts and maintains traceability and assists with physical and mechanical testing in the lab. Use of precision inspection tools and equipment, ability to read blueprints and procedures are required in the daily activities to ensure acceptance of product to specifications and requirements. Involvement in other inspections, such as, but not limited to; MRB inspection & receiving inspection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepares various inspection and test reports, including work order entries, dimensional layout sheets, etc.
* Uses various precision inspection tools and equipment to verify product acceptance.
* Uses sampling plans, drawings, instructions, standards and specifications to verify product acceptance.
* Prepares quality and inspection documentation including lab reports and log books for examination and product acceptance.
* Must be able to work with precision inspection tools including calipers, micrometers and optical comparators.
* Perform the following:
* In-process and final inspections
* Torque testing
* Tensile testing
* Cutting, grinding, polishing for mount preparation
* Clean and prepare samples for salt spray and high humidity testing
* Push out and torque-out testing
* Flare testing
* Seal testing
* Micro-hardness/Rockwell hardness testing
* Alloy testing
* Adhesion testing
* Vibration testing
* Calibration of gages and tools
* Scheduling of suppliers for outside calibration
* Supporting manufacturing in the recall of gages and tools
* Receiving inspection
* Performs other tasks of equal or lesser skill as required.
* Other duties and/or responsibilities may be performed as part of cross-training or employee development plan.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Attendance/Punctuality/Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time; Uses time efficiently; Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
* Quality/Quantity - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
* Oral Communication - Speaks English clearly and listens and gets clarification when needed; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
* Written Communication - Presents numerical data in a legible manner; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Teamwork - Treats people with respect; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Organizational Support - Follows all policies and procedures; Upholds organizational values
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or General education Degree (GED); and three to five years related experience or training in accordance with the defined skills training matrix progression; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine documentation. Ability to speak clearly and effectively with Managers, Supervisors and Coworkers.
* Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Syteline Manufacturing software, the ability to learn dedicated machine software and gage recall system database and Oracle as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
* Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
* Frequently required to stand and sit.
* Frequently required to walk and talk or hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate however it may be occasionally loud enough where Hearing protection is required.
* Work hours - 5 days, 8 hours a day, with overtime to meet the demand of job.