NPI Production Planner
Employment Type: Full-Time
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work per production schedule of developmental program. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on work in process (WIP), inventory levels, and production problems. In additional, this position will support and facilitate all the new product/program introduction (NPI) activity, with the support of other leaders in the planning group.
This position is responsible for planning and executing a schedule based on customer requirements that ensures on-time delivery of product, and a successful launch of a new product into production. This position helps facilitate and coordinate the successful resolution of all commercial, technical, and operational issues as they impact their program portfolio.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and implement planning and scheduling of work based on customer schedules.
- Input customer requirements in Oracle.
- Monitor progress of WIP and key metrics related to WIP.
- Arrange for delivery of parts to meet production schedules.
- Prepare monthly forecast.
- Complete status reports, such as production progress, customer requirement status, delivery information, and materials inventory.
- Communicate with and represent the organization to customers and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, and customers to coordinate processing and shipping, and to resolve complaints.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 years work experience in a manufacturing or production control position.
- To ensure the health and safety of our employees, Howmet requires newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to the extent permitted under federal, state, and local law. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of a disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious beliefs or legally recognized exemptions will be considered.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical field, manufacturing/supply chain management or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; especially Excel.
- Knowledge of production processes and quality control for the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Demonstrated performance in cross-functional teams.
- Highly developed interpersonal and analytical skills.
**PRIMARY LOCATION:** United States-IN-Laporte
**WORK LOCATIONS:** US LIH Laporte, Indiana 1110 East Lincoln Way Laporte 46350-3954
**ORGANIZATION:** 02741-34501 BC1 Business Center Mgmt
**SHIFT:** Day Job
**JOB TYPE:** Experienced
**HOURLY PAID OR SALARIED:** Salaried
**JOB LEVEL:** Salaried
**JOB POSTING:** Nov 17, 2021, 11:37:09 AM
**MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:** 3