Machining Tech II - Crimp
Employment Type: Full-Time
Howmet Fastening Systems is looking for a Machining Tech II. This is an opportunity to grow your career at a large, international aerospace company. The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), a 401k matching program, and paid holidays and vacation. This position is located at our plant in Torrance, CA.
Sets up machines to perform various secondary operations, by self or others, in manufacturing departments to which assigned.
* Sets up and completely operates any standard and specialized machines to perform secondary operations in departments to which assigned
* Sets up machines, according to work order set standard procedures, specialized company products, and/or processes
* Learns the set up and operation of any new machines added to the departments to which assigned
* Checks parts with standard gauges or precision measuring instruments and submits parts for inspection as required
* Operates machines to ensure proper functioning and releases to and instructs operator in procedures for producing parts in conformance with specifications
* Reads blueprints and has knowledge to use micrometers, calipers, comparators, thread gauges, depth micrometers and dial indicators as needed.
* SPC Charting as required
* Keeps work are clean, safe, and in an orderly fashion on a daily basis
* Performs other tasks as required
Experience and Background:
* 1-2 suggested years of total experience
* Perform entry level set-ups
* Understand the speeds and feeds pertaining to the machine they are operating (where applicable)
* Knowledge of all measuring instruments and gages for their operation
* Speak effectively before groups of customers
* Read and interpret blue prints
* Certified in lock out/tag out
* Working knowledge in manufacturing and quality processes and principles
* Minimum 1 year of experience as a machinist
* Preferred 2 years of experience as a machinist
* High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or Trade School preferred
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
* This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.