Machining Tech I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Howmet Fasteining Systems is seeking a Machining Tech I. This is an opportunity to grow your career at a large, international aerospace company. The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensice benefits package, including (medical, dental, vision), a 401k matching program, and paid holidays and vacation. This position is located at our plant in Torrance, CA.
Be trained in the skill of machine set-up and operation, for operation by self or others, various machines in secondary and primary operations in all manufacturing departments.
* Assists in set up and operation of all standard and specialized machines
* Assists in machine set up, according to work order and standard set up procedure
* Learns the set up and operation of any new machines added to the departments to which assigned
* Checks parts with standard gauges or precision measuring instruments and submits parts for inspection as required
* Operates machines to ensure proper functioning and releases to and instructs operator in procedures for producing parts in conformance with specifications
* SPC Charting as required
* Keeps work are clean, safe, and in an orderly fashion on a daily basis
* Performs other tasks as required
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
* This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.