Data Scientist - Marketing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Houzz is the world's leading platform for home remodeling and design, helping more than 2.5 million home professionals in over 100 categories to grow and manage their business. Through Houzz, a community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts, find ideas, hire professionals, source products and access tools to update their homes from start to finish. Houzz is available in every country around the world with localized platforms in more than 10 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for a world class marketing data scientist to drive our analytical efforts for our ecommerce business. This person will be a key member of a small team focused on driving profitable growth and is expected to deliver significant results in 2021. This role can be located in Santa Monica, Palo Alto, or in a remote location.
What You'll Do
* Lead and execute the Marketplace Marketing data science roadmap which will include projects and insights around budget optimization, creative optimization, landing page optimization, ROAS, LTV/CAC, attribution, and incrementally
* Model out varying spend to impact scenarios relative to a variety of factors such as seasonality and product margins
* Forecast and manage revenue and contribution margin impact on a weekly and quarterly basis
* Present and effectively communicate ideas and key insights to leadership teams
* Prioritize and provide a POV on insights that will be important to the business to further look into
* Develop and maintain datasets, KPIs, and reporting tools for the entire Marketing organization
* Refine attribution logic and apply media mix modeling techniques to measure effectiveness of marketing spend
* Design and evaluate conversion lift experiments to optimize campaigns and measure their incremental impact
* Identify expansions of our business and new opportunities for investment
* Contribute directly to overall product strategy
* Own the end-to-end execution of projects by working with a broad cross-functional team
At a Minimum, We'd Like You to Have
* A B.A./B.S. degree in technical/quantitative disciplines or equivalent practical experience
* 2 - 3 years experience with marketing analytics in the ecommerce space
* Strong communicator, can effectively present ideas and arguments to a very analytically savvy audience
* Strong proficiency in writing complex SQL queries such as using aggregate functions and all types of joins using Hadoop, Hive and Presto
* Experienced in experimental designing, testing, and analysis
* Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
* An ability to work independently and deliver quality results
* A passion for marketing analytics and product development
* Experience with Statistical Modelling and/or coding with Python
Ideally, You'll Also Have
* An advanced degree in a technical field such as Statistics, Operations Research or Engineering
* Experience with retention marketing
* Experience using Tableau
* Ability to learn and act quickly, making decisions and drawing conclusions in the face of ambiguity
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We're a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion - celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on our community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts who use our platform and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who grow and manage their business with Houzz Pro. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth over $1 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
* Competitive salary
* Flexible paid time off
* Commuter benefits
* Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
* Maternity/paternity leave program
* Employee assistance program
* 401k retirement savings plan
* Flexible spending accounts
* Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice