Employment Type: Full-Time
City Experiences is seeking a Server to work on our vessels at City Cruises Operation in Marina del Rey.
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The position of Server on board a yacht is responsible for ensuring the overall guest experience on all public cruises and private charters. Provide quality dining and attentive service to our guests in a variety of food & beverage related tasks.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to stay calm and composed in a fast-paced environment and display the willingness to be a team player, handling bar duties and assisting with vessel preparation and closure. Days, evenings and weekend shifts available
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Must be organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, and proactive, with a strong attention to detail
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of all supply and storage areas
* Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
* Work and collaborate with the operations team and back of house crew to create amazing guest experiences
* Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace while maintaining poise and grace.
* Setup and breakdown dining room, prep areas, equipment and stations for events.
* Accurately take food and beverage orders, relaying them to the proper personnel.
* Broad knowledge of fine dining setup and proper service.
* Follow established cash handling procedures
* Serve patrons food & beverage orders quickly, following established procedures
* Check I.D. on any customer ordering alcohol who looks under 30 years old.
* Maintains attendance and punctuality that is observant of scheduled hours on a regular basis.
* Willingness to be a team player and assist with vessel preparation and closure
* Loading and unloading food and supplies onto boats as needed
* Maintain specified grooming practices and uniform standards
* Ensure a clean and safe work environment, according to standard health code.
* Assist back of house staff in breaking down equipment and cleaning the yacht at the end of shift
* Attend and participate in safety meetings on board yacht and any other designated meetings deemed necessary by management.
* Follow department policies and procedures related to safety and security protocol on vessel, assigned duties, and company policies
* Additional job duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Minimum 6 months food service experience preferred
* Minimum 6 months hospitality experience, with knowledge of food, wine, and spirits
* 21 years or older
* Food Handler Certification required; TIPS certification desirable
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Must be able to obtain a TWIC and MMC.
* Experience with a Point of Service (POS) system.
* Day's evenings, weekend's and holiday shifts are available. A Flexible schedule is required.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.