QMED/ Electrician - HSV Alakai/ Fast Ferry
Employment Type: Full-Time
Seaward Services is seeking a Qualified Member of the Engineering Department/Electrician
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40- year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
ETO/QMED reports directly to the Assistant Engineer and is directed by the Engineering staff. They shall be proficient and have a strong background in electronic troubleshooting & repair as well as shipboard electrical systems. Additionally, they will be responsible for conducting regular QMED duties as a watch stander during the summer operating season.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* General cleaning/tidiness of machinery spaces
* Safe and proper operation of vessel machinery
* Safe and proper use and maintenance of shipboard tooling
* Good watch standing practices, communication skills and safety protocol
* Regular maintenance outlined in vessel's preventative maintenance plan
* Maintenance of hotel services for passenger accommodations
* Troubleshooting and repair of electrical and electronic equipment including PLC's, CCTV system, shipboard PA/GA system, lighting, power generation, motors, test equipment
* Member of damage control team
* Additional job duties assigned
* Valid MMC with QMED endorsement, ETO preferred
* High School diploma or equivalent
Must be a valid United States citizen of at least 18 years of age and possess and maintain valid: U.S. Passport with a minimum of seven (7) months remaining before expiration date; & permissible entry into Canada
* Valid Medical Certificate
* STCW 95 compliant
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission, vision, values, and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.