Associate General Counsel, Product and Regulatory
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
We're building the future of real estate - today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that's finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture - but don't just take it from us. We've been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. We're committed to diversity both internally and externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a scrappy, creative, and consumer-centric lawyer who is zealous about building new products and growing the business. You love working cross functionally with product managers, engineers, and innovators to enable product launches and expansion of existing products such as HomeLight's Cash Offer, Trade-In, and Simple Sale, while managing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. You take ownership of initiatives, and thrive on drafting complex contracts for product launches and expansion. You are business oriented and possess sound judgement and discretion, making you a trusted counterpart in sensitive environments. You have substantial regulatory experience in financial services (in particular mortgage and title), real estate, as well as other regulatory areas such as consumer protection, privacy, and information security.
What You'll Do
As Product and Regulatory Counsel, you will own and drive forward all product and regulatory advice at HomeLight, including product launches and expansion. You will coordinate with business leads, product managers, engineers, finance, and other business functions to achieve the company's business objectives and ensure regulatory compliance. Specifically, you will:
* Provide guidance to business leads, product, and engineering teams on issues related to new and existing products and features throughout the entire product development lifecycle. This includes HomeLight's Cash Offer, Trade-In, Simple Sale, listing management, mortgage, and title/escrow products.
* Draft and negotiate contracts - including residential purchase agreements - affecting the company's products and services.
* Implement throughout the company the latest relevant industry, consumer protection, advertising, IP, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
* Provide ideas and insights into how the company can work within the law to create simple, certain, and satisfying products for the company's consumers and agents.
What You Bring
* 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in governmental agencies, law firms, and/or in-house legal departments of fintech or proptech companies
* Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space
* Knowledge of statutes and regulations relating to real estate, consumer protection (e.g., RESPA) privacy, and information security
* Excellent commercial negotiation and drafting skills
* Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
* Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
* Bar membership in good standing in the United States