Employment Type: Full-Time
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and surrounding areas since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving local multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing care. With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative care in a compassionate manner.
HPMC is part of a global healthcare enterprise which owns and operates general hospitals throughout Korea, numerous research centers in the U.S. and Korea including a medical university, and CHAUM (a premier anti-aging life center).
The Lactation Consultant will provide expectant parents with the knowledge of how to breastfeed.
* Creates in-services to address staff needs/requests regarding breastfeeding
* Facilitates successful breastfeeding in the postpartum client through:
* Answering questions about normal course of breastfeeding
* Education and troubleshooting
* Correct positioning and latch on assessment
* Pumping techniques
* Nutrition and fluid intake
* Appropriate support - hospital and community (nursing staff, family, League, etc.)
* Frequency of feedings, supply and demand
* Engorgement and infection prevention and treatment
* Supplemental feedings and pacifiers
* Discharge planning
* Assists with establishment of hospital policy and procedures in the implementation of Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
* Supports breastfeeding through the formation of an interdisciplinary team approach of nursing, medical staff, and nutritional services
* The Lactation Consultant documents on the Interdisciplinary Education form her visit with the postpartum client. She will notify the nursing staff of client difficulties with breastfeediscore: N/Ang
* Solves customer problems, treats customer with dignity and respect, and acknowledges customer and responds quickly to customer needsscore: N/A
* Conducts demonstrates compliance with and reporting of suspected violations of all relevant laws, regulations, HPMC's Policies and Procedures, and Code of Conduct: Actively supports and participates in performance improvement
* Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
* High School graduate or equivalent
* Certification as a Lactation Consultant
* Minimum 5 years lactation experience in a healthcare setting
* BLS Card
* Hospital Fire Care (within 30 days from date of hire)
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
* Bilingual preferred.
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments. All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our patients, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; utilizing all designated protective personal equipment (PPE) and/or safety equipment assigned for task; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately. Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.