Site Superintendent II
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Site Superintendent II is responsible for oversight and management of assigned specific area(s) and activity(s) of a construction project and supporting the project team in planning and organizing a construction project so that it is finished in a quality manner, on schedule, within budget and in accordance with Holland Partner Group's Core Values.
* Demonstrate mastery of Site Superintendent I job functions.
* Partner with the project team in the design and planning of projects ensuring quality, timely, and cost-effective construction.
* Study to fully understand contract drawings, shop drawings, specifications and quality assurance programs to ensure compliance with design criteria for construction purposes.
* Provide critique and suggestions regarding design details to ensure the constructability of project.
* Direct and manage Site Coordinator and temporary labor as directed by the Lead Project Superintendent.
* Oversee and direct various/multiple phases of construction at project jobsite as directed by supervisor.
* Monitor schedule activities three months in advance to identify assigned activities that need to be completed to ensure the project proceeds on established schedule as directed.
* Schedule work activities of multiple crews and subcontractors to effectively sequence activities as directed.
* Ensure that building inspections are completed at the appropriate times.
* Monitor construction activities to comply with applicable municipal ordinance as assigned.
* Ensure proper and accurate job layout according to design drawings and specifications.
* Monitor, enforce and maintain job safety for the project by supporting and participating in all safety programs, ensuring all crew is using required safety equipment and continually monitoring the job site to ensure safety requirements are met in accordance with Holland safety polices.
* Monitor construction activities and recommend or take corrective action to ensure that quality standards are met in line with quality assurance programs.
* Manage punch lists and work with the team to correct all punch list related conditions.
* Ensure proper oversight and documentation is provided for authorized additional work performed by subcontractors in preparation for submittal to appropriate party.
* Complete field records as assigned (i.e. daily reports, weekly job visit reports, safety reports, test results, job schedules, quality assurance reports, etc.)
* Clearly and accurately delegate authority and responsibility to subordinates as directed.
* Develop and maintain productive working relationship with team, company personnel, and subcontractors.
* Maintain good relationships with jobsite neighbors through professional communication coupled with implementation of well-planned, thoughtful construction logistics and sequencing plan.
* Represent Holland Partner Group in a professional manner at all times.
* Conform to company apparel standards and set a positive example for all Associates.
* Perform all other duties as directed and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related discipline is preferred. Equivalent construction related experience considered in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: Four years' construction related experience is required. Previous experience as a subcontractor foreman is preferred. Carpentry background is helpful. A Bachelor's Degree in related field with two years of related experience may be considered in lieu of four years' experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Ability to receive direction and effectively implement in the field.
* Ability to supervise team members assigned by Lead Project Superintendent.
* Ability to coordinate site activities of subcontractor trades assigned by Lead Project Superintendent.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks in a complex and fast-paced operating environment.
* Ability to work independently; self-starting and driven.
* Ability to read an interpret construction documents.
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect and credibility.
* Knowledge of the design-build process.
* Strong attention to detail with superior analytical aptitude.
* Must be proactive, flexible, responsible and resourceful with strong conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to effectively oversee construction projects according to plan, on budget, and on schedule.
* Ability to gain skills through superintendent team mentoring to accomplish planning and scheduling.
* Proficient in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to command a strong working knowledge of company used software such as Phoenix, Procore, Bluebeam and others.
* Execute assigned tasks and responsibilities using technology tools per Holland's best practices.
Attendance: This full-time position is exempt and requires the ability to be present and available during business hours to meet company and department needs. Additional hours or flexible schedule may be required.
Working Environment: This position takes place in a construction environment that involves hazardous work conditions requiring protective equipment and training that conforms to OSHA and applicable State Agency regulations. Office and toilet conditions may be temporary in nature. Site offices may be subject to dust, noise, and temperature variations not typically encountered in a standard office environment.
This position also requires:
* Valid driver's license.
* Current First Aid/CPR certifications
* Current OSHA 30-hour safety course certificate required or ability to obtain a certificate within six months of hire date. The certificate must be renewed on or before five years of the original issued date.
* Ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 20 pounds.
* Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
* Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.