Employment Type: Full-Time
The Project Superintendent is responsible for collaborative planning and organization of a construction project to ensure it is finished in a quality manner, on schedule, and within budget in accordance with Holland Partner Group's Core Values.
* Provide information and expertise in the design and planning of construction projects to ensure quality, timely and cost-effective construction.
* Study and evaluate contract drawings, shop drawings, specifications and quality assurance programs to fully understand design criteria and successfully complete the project build.
* Provide critique and suggestions regarding design details to ensure constructability of project.
* Oversee and direct assigned phases of construction work at project job sites.
* Monitor the progress schedule and take action to ensure project proceeds on established schedule.
* Schedule work activities of crews and subcontractors to effectively sequence assigned activities.
* Ensure that building inspections are completed at the appropriate times.
* Determine and order equipment and materials according to project requirements.
* Jointly monitor and correct all construction activities to comply with applicable municipal ordinances.
* Ensure proper and accurate job layout according to design drawings and specifications.
* Actively participate in the development of project safety requirements and programs, mentor and assist field staff with proper implementation and documentation of safety practices and procedures.
* Monitor construction activities and take corrective action to ensure compliance with quality assurance program.
* Manage punch lists and ensure correction of all punch list related issues.
* Direct the completion of all construction detail to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Ensure that occupancy permit is obtained before owners take occupancy.
* Ensure that proper oversight and documentation is provided for authorized additional work performed by subcontractors in preparation for submittal to appropriate party.
* Complete field records as assigned (i.e. daily reports, weekly job visit reports, safety reports, test results, job schedules, quality assurance reports, etc.)
* Create productive working relationships with all members of the project team and maintain effective supervision and communication on jobsite.
* Maintain good relationships with jobsite neighbors through professional communication coupled with implementation of well-planned, thoughtful construction logistics and sequencing plan.
* Represent Holland Partner Group in a professional manner at all times.
* Conform to company apparel standards and set a positive example for all associates.
* Perform all other duties as directed and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related discipline is preferred. Additional construction related courses from a vocational or technical nature preferred.
Experience: Six years' construction related experience with experience supervising construction teams and projects required. Experience as a Holland Site Superintendent may be considered in lieu of some industry experience. Experience as a subcontractor foreman and/or work in large residential, commercial, and industrial building projects preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Knowledge of design-build process and ability to coordinate many people and activities.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks in a complex and fast-paced operating environment.
* Ability to read an interpret construction documents.
* Ability to solve problems and use available resources.
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect and credibility.
* Strong attention to detail with superior analytical aptitude.
* Ability to succeed under pressure.
* Must be proactive, flexible, responsible and resourceful with strong conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to work independently, self-managed and motivated
* Ability to effectively oversee construction projects according to plan, on budget, and on schedule.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required with knowledge of or the ability to learn Procore, Phoenix scheduling software, Bluebeam, etc.
Attendance: This full-time position is exempt and requires the ability to be present and available during business hours to meet company and department needs. Additional hours or flexible schedule may be required.
Working Environment: This position takes place in a construction environment that involves hazardous work conditions requiring protective equipment and training that conforms to OSHA and applicable State Agency regulations. Some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, and noise may occur.
This position also requires:
* Valid driver's license.
* Current First Aid/CPR certifications
* Successful completion of an OSHA 30-hour safety course (must retake course every five years, dates will be determined by most recent completion date)
* May require individuals to furnish their own vehicle to transport customers, tools, and/or supplied to and from the office and assigned project.
* Ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 20 pounds.
* Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
* Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.