Senior Engineering Manager - Platform Adoption - Roche Information Solutions
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Software Delivery: this is a hands-on management position and you will be expected to be lead the teams to design and deliver software components, self-service APIs, tools, UIs, and automation with the skills needed to understand and lead the design of the software
* People Management: as a people manager, you'll be responsible for hiring, growing and motivating engineers on your team, ensuring you recruit and retain top talent. Lead the team to deliver on their commitments, ensuring the design and planning is accurate and work is delivered on time with quality; drive best practices in Agile and Software Delivery
* Customer Engagement & Relationship Management: you and your team will be responsible for customer engagement, relationship management, demonstrating the use of the software, value realization, professional service delivery, and communication to customers.
* Customer Advocate: as voice of customer, gathering feedback, needs, expectation and experience from customers
* Adoption Planning and Management: develop adoption plan and drive and track platform adoption
* Documentation/Community Portals: you and your team will maintain Information Site, Blogs, Developer Docs, Learning Portal, Community Portal, and Content Management
* Best Practices: establish customer support practices that optimize the customer experience by gathering feedback from the customers, study/create customer success programs and analyze customer data to identify the best practices.
* Leadership and Vision: individual and team leadership, with the ability to scale up and inspire multiple teams; long term vision, proactively planning for future organizational growth and driving a technology roadmap
* Technical and Product Support: lead the team to provide technical support, trainings on the RIS Platform and help customers understand the best ways to utilize RIS Platform based on the customer's business needs
Your values align with ours:
Customer Empathy, Respect/Earn Trust, Extreme Ownership, Bias for action, Entrepreneurship, Open sharing of information, Data-driven, Effectiveness, Resiliency, Grit, Radical Candor, Curiosity, Optimism, Disagree yet commit, Collaboration
* BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or equivalent in a related field.
* 6+ years of software industry experience, particularly SaaS-based applications.
* 1+ years of people management experience for a team of engineers
* Have successfully built, deployed, and operated an enterprise-scale web application in the cloud (in a management role)
* Hands-on software design, development, test, build and deploy experience using technologies like Python, Java, Relational, NoSQL databases, and AWS.
* Experience in Agile Software Delivery and Operations Management and people management
* Quick learner with the ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to solve difficult problems
* Knowledge of customer service practices and customer management experience
* Experience of Technical Account Management
* Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences and the ability to translate customer requirements to technical designs.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to navigate complex corporate environments and influence stakeholders and partners
* Global experience, influencing or (preferably) managing remote teams to deliver professional services to platform customers
* Experience in healthcare is not required, but familiarity with healthcare systems and data and workflows is a plus (e.g. HL7, IHE)
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.