Senior Communications Manager, Centre of Excellence
Employment Type: Full-Time
SENIOR COMMUNICATION MANAGER - PORTFOLIO CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland OR Pleasanton, Santa Clara, Tucson USA.
The Roche Diagnostics Solutions (RDS) business area, with 6,000 employees, will be responsible for all diagnostics solutions and has end-to-end accountability for the development and delivery of these solutions. It combines large parts of units that previously sat in Centralised & Point of Care Solutions (CPS), Roche Molecular Solutions (RMS) as well as areas of Solution Integration & Services (SIS) and Global Business Development (BD).
As the Senior Communications Manager, Portfolio Centre of Excellence you will be responsible for developing and implementing communications to help deliver on business objectives, and for helping to engage and inspire key stakeholders. As an expert in executive and employee communications you will also support the RDS Customer Areas as a senior member of the Centre of Excellence (CoE) which is responsible for public and community relations, corporate social media, executive communications and portfolio-specific content creation. In addition you will deputise for the Head of Communication, RDS in supporting the leadership communications strategy for the Global Head of RDS.
You rely on effective teamwork and collaboration with the broader Diagnostics Communications community, and work in partnership with your colleagues in the Portfolio CoE and the Head of Communications, RDS Portfolio CoE to define objectives, approach and areas of focus. You leverage your network and seize the unique opportunity to help transform the way we work in Diagnostics Communications.
You embrace an agile mindset and are energised by change. You act as a coach and advise on relevant communication approaches. You want to be a key player in transforming Diagnostics and develop new leadership skills in a fast-paced, rapidly changing industry/environment.
* In alignment with the Heads of Communications, RDS Customer Areas/Head of Communications, RDS Portfolio CoE, plan and deliver integrated communications strategies, narratives and campaigns that engage and align stakeholders.
* Align Communications strategy, goals, and objectives to overall Customer Area/Function priorities; provide support on high-value, impactful external and employee communications, crisis and issues communications, and change communications.
* Drive and develop communications tools and strategies to engage and inspire a diverse workforce, equip leaders with the skills to effectively inspire their organisations, and equip colleagues with the skills and capabilities they need to maximise their interactions with stakeholders (creating ambassadors for Roche Diagnostics).
* Deputises for the Head of Communications, RDS in supporting the Global Head of RDS's leadership communications strategy including counseling, advising on and actively managing related internal and external communications tasks.
* Establish and maintain end-to-end integrated communication planning including measurement against objectives.
* Maintain broad-based knowledge of RDS Portfolio/Function areas of focus; use knowledge of business and communications insights, metrics, expertise, and decision principles to effectively diagnose topics with a wide range of complexity.
* Stay abreast of internal and external developments, industry trends, as these pertain to strategic communication and 'new ways of working' priorities.
Demonstrated passion for and role-modeling leading in ambiguity, with proven ability to lead with a creative mindset, very high self-awareness and for acting as a coach and mentor for other leaders and professionals.
Demonstrated enterprise mindset and system thinking, proven ability to work effectively across multiple business areas, global teams and key leadership areas in a fast paced environment.
Demonstrated ability to influence with courageous authenticity and build trust with individuals at all levels within the organisation.
Demonstrated excellent situational assessment and objective evaluation skills, with an ability to comprehend and translate complex topics into manageable pieces, to then position the topics with strong communication and group facilitation capabilities.
Demonstrated ability to leverage technology and data to generate insights as foundation for analysis, recommendations and decisions.
Demonstrated experience in strategic communications in a fast paced environment, comfortable working in a matrixed and multicultural environment.
Additionally you bring the following competencies and qualifications:
* 7+ years of experience in communications, with a focus on external/executive and employee communications preferably gained in the pharmaceutical or diagnostics industry.
* Ability to manage indirectly: can ensure outcomes through indirect leadership.
* International or global work experience.
* Demonstrable abilities to develop and manage global communications strategies, plans, activities and teams.
* Outstanding strategic agility: thorough grasp of the healthcare/diagnostics industry and regularly applies such to create robust and innovative strategies.
* Outstanding consulting skills: active listening skills, ability to extract and quickly process key information, summarise key needs or interests of internal customers, and provide targeted and appropriate coaching, insights and recommendations
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills: consistently optimises results through skillful collaboration with others and driving excellence through influence without authority
* Outstanding interpersonal and partnering skills: proven track record of building strong and sustainable relationships with internal and external partners/stakeholders and experience working effectively in a networked, matrix environment.
* Track record of presenting to and coaching senior company executives/audiences and contributing to influencing their decision-making.
* Self-motivation: able to thrive in a non-hierarchical, self-organising environment, where teams form around projects and initiatives.
* Fluency in English (verbal and written)
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience, required.