Roche Information Solutions - Healthcare Insights Sr. Business Product Manager for Enterprise Platform
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
At Roche, we are passionate about transforming patients' lives and we are fearless in both decision and action - we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
As the Sr. Business Product Manager for Enterprise Platform, you will be a member of the Enterprise Platform International Business Team. The Business Product Manager is a critical role ensuring the success of our vision to improve patient outcomes. Under the direction of the International Business Leader for Enterprise Platform, the Business Product Manager will execute on a NAVIFY platform strategy and own the holistic product vision and delivery for the assigned platform capabilities and services for the internal and external application developers and partners. This position will be responsible for gathering deep customer insights and develop accurate platform and feature requirements for new platform capabilities. They will develop a winning value proposition for the platform and the platform-based ecosystems to deliver the platform capabilities to create a competitive and highly differentiated Platform As A Service (PaaS) Business. They will lead cross-functional teams' alignment, so as to guide the focus of the experts and squads. As such, you will closely work with other product managers and cross functional stakeholders across Roche Diagnostics and Roche Pharma as well as external partners' platforms and ecosystems. They will continually seek to grow the platform value proposition by sourcing reusable and modular capabilities to enhance the platform in collaboration with the internal and external partners.
You will be responsible for…
Driving the Product Roadmap, VoC, and KOL Engagements
* Product Manage a suite of patient centric digital solutions for patients and clinicians focused on disease detection, disease management by innovative virtual care technologies
* Develop and communicate a comprehensive platform capabilities and services roadmap
* Spearheading user research and incorporating the insights into new product ideas. Gather deep customer insights and develop accurate product and feature requirements for new introductions.
* Cultivate networks with key opinion leaders in the industry as well as with key stakeholders within the company for idea generation and adoption
* Distill key questions needing answered to make product feature and pricing decisions; select and guide appropriate market research projects to answer those key questions
* Heavily utilize data insights, market and customer research, and your product intuition to continually improve the product
* Identify opportunities and generate ideas for growth and strengthening the performance of the platform through new features that leverage the organization's infrastructure and the partner ecosystem to provide unique and lasting customer value
* Drive modularity and reusability across the stakeholders to continually enrich the platform
Establishing Segmentation & Product Support
* Tailor features in the product to meet the needs of the target customer segments.
* Support and provide guidance on the creation of marketing collateral
* Work with key internal departments to help resolve product design issues and own trade-off decisions
Developing Business Case
* Forecast revenue or savings opportunities associated with product development initiatives; create business cases and present to stakeholders including up to executive management
* Participate in and influence the development of PaaS pricing strategies
* Lead setting OKRs for the platform delivery and adoption and in alignment with business leadership, product, and other cross-functional stakeholders
* Evaluate platform performance and make enhancements as required.
Executing on Product delivery and foster collaboration
* Drive new and continually enhanced platform capabilities and services
* Align and influence cross functional team on a platform level mission and roadmap that require problem solving, information analysis and synthesis, and the ability to persuade and influence others
* Act as a key externally focused contact for internal departments including Engineering, Regulatory Affairs and Quality
* Collaborate frequently with stakeholders to develop and share information about product launch, competition, and technology upgrades as appropriate, and to gain information about the market landscape and customer needs
* Clearly communicate plans, insights, data, and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, product teams, and other decision makers across the company.
* Conduct customer visits, produce trip reports, and information information flow to Engineering and other stakeholders.
As a Sr. Business Product Manager for Research Decision Support, you bring:
* +5 years of experience in Product Management, successfully building and delivering innovative digital platforms and products as a lead or sole product manager from conception to launch.
* Bachelor's degree in business, health sciences, computer science, MIS, or related discipline required.
* Experience in the health IT and digital health domains is preferred
* Experience in Platform as a Service (PaaS) business and digital ecosystem development is a strong plus
* Experience in one or more of the following areas of platform capabilities and services preferred:
* Platform Infrastructure and cybersecurity
* Common platform services for application development
* Health data interoperability and integration
* Health data enrichment
* Health data-based analytics and insights
* Clinical workflow integration
* 2+ years of experience developing and presenting business cases, market segmentation
* Strong familiarity with the modern platform development and deployment models and technologies
* Preferably experience with healthcare data activation focused platforms and digital health ecosystem enablement
* Experience with successfully managing a developer ecosystem around a digital health platform
* Demonstrated advanced communication skills for facilitating and leading meetings, negotiating conflicting interests, managing group dynamics, and encouraging collaborative thinking cross functionally up to and including executive management.
* Must be viewed as a decisive leader and be able to act independently in the face of ambiguity. Driver personality, constantly push towards clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
* Personally motivated, creative thinker and accountable team player. Demonstrated ability to respectfully provide and receive feedback
* Deep experience working with complex data, market research, growth marketing, with proven synthesis ability and strong financial acumen. Track record and passion for taking great products to the next level, building and iterating to 10x growth, engagement, and business impact
* Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members. Understand the intersection between clinical healthcare, technology applications, and trends.
* Consistent record of building collaborative relationships with peers and teams, helping cross-functional teams address strategic opportunities and solve problems across the organization
* Management of complex projects with ambitious milestones in high pressure circumstances
* Ideally, pre-existing network of Roche contacts in global functions and affiliate sites.
* Good understanding of software quality management systems, regulated software in healthcare and agile
* Experience of product development processes and methodologies (for agile software development)
* Able to foster positive partnerships through effective influencing, negotiation and conflict management skills to achieve alignment up and down the organization
* Commitment to the organization's new way of working through greater collaboration and breaking down of siloes
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct and timely communication and proven ability to foster and build important relationships with customers and key stakeholders
* Ability to navigate within a changing organization, maintaining objectivity, respect for differences of opinion, fairness, open communication and consensus building skills
The successful candidate will build and provide effective leadership for the cross functional project team's that they work with, in a manner that is consistent with the Roche Values and leadership capabilities. They will seek to inspire and lead to create transformative solutions that will ensure that Diagnostics Solutions are recognized as being the best in the industry and maintains our #1 ranking in the future.
Everything you do should contribute directly to the achievement of our Roche Ten Year ambitions, including:
* Double patient access to novel, high-medical-value diagnostics solutions
* Build the leading, profitable insights business
* Improve patients' lives via 'OneRoche Approach' to ecosystem in every country
We@RocheDiagnostics is the mindset and culture we as Diagnostics colleagues strive to adopt to help achieve our vision and realize our strategy. The dimensions are:
● We are passionate about our customers and patients
● We radically simplify
● We trust, collaborate & have fun
● We ALL lead
● We experiment & learn
You are expected to demonstrate the We@RocheDiagnostics dimensions and help evolve the functions culture beliefs, beginning it to life as part of the TransformD journey.
You can be based in Santa Clara or Basel
At the Company's discretion, an exception to the location requirement could be made under extraordinary circumstances.
As this position is a global role, international business travel will be required depending upon the business location of the successful candidate and ongoing business project activities.
Roche is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to build teams that represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Embracing diversity enables us to create a great place to work and to innovate for patients.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.