Direct Procurement Business Partner - Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Direct Procurement Business Partner is accountable for acting as the primary Direct Procurement business partner and ensuring Direct Procurement support, processes, and compliance for a given Business Area / Customer Area(s) (BA/CA) within the Diagnostics Division. The role provides a critical link between the Direct Procurement organization, the supplier network, and the assigned organizational function (e.g. Customer Area or Function); identifying and synthesizing needs, satisfying demand, escalating requirements, and driving successful implementation of initiatives in order to support the BA/CA in meeting its strategic objectives.
The Direct Procurement Business Partner is responsible for representing Direct Procurement to the Business, and ensuring direct procurement engagement and activities deliver end-to-end value and are conducted in compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures. Thanks to deep ambassadorial and partnering skills the Business Partner will nurture the relationship with key and senior internal Roche business customers to become a strategic partner and advisor, able to influence decision making and play a key role in translating business needs into tangible actions. This may also include removing barriers relating to procurement services, solutions and other organizational complexities.
In addition to actively gathering, escalating and coordinating BA/CA strategy, priorities and needs, the role acts as 'squad lead' that defines, coordinates and manages required resources within (and outside) DOP for effective end-to-end delivery . The role is responsible for providing the Category Management teams with input and validation to support global and regional Category Strategy development, annual planning and target alignment, and supporting the realization of Category initiatives.
The Direct Procurement Business Partner has a strong understanding of the BA/CA product portfolio, business activities and priorities, deep knowledge of Direct Procurement Operating Model, and strong planning and prioritization skills to engage all appropriate parties. The role also has strong communication and influencing skills to challenge the demand and specifications of Business stakeholders, support planning and implementation, and ensure escalation of business needs.
By efficiently and effectively understanding needs and calling on the appropriate resources within the Direct Procurement organization, the Direct Procurement Business Partner ensures that high-quality end-user service requirements and expectations are satisfied. In addition, the role also ensures alignment with and implementation of Category and Supplier Management initiatives.
* Be the 'voice of Direct Procurement' to the Business Area/ Customer Area, and the 'voice of the business' to Direct Procurement - Understand, anticipate and translate requirements of Business requesters to Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant. Direct Procurement Business Partners will either manage the request themselves, or escalate / route to Category team, Procurement Operations team or Upstream Procurement. Direct Procurement Business Partners will remain responsible for monitoring the progress of requests, end-to-end, and providing regular updates to Business requestors.
* Build strong working relationships - Develop strong relationships with relevant Business Area/ Business Unit leaders and global / regional Procurement colleagues.
* Provide input into global strategies and plans - Gather requirements and input for the global / regional Category and Supplier Strategies and annual planning process, and provide support for implementation of global and regional initiatives.
* Drive Direct Procurement engagement - Responsible for driving Direct Procurement penetration and compliance across spend for the organizational unit(s) under their responsibility and ensuring this spend is channeled through the appropriate processes. This includes agreeing targets with Procurement / Category teams and performing to those targets.
* Perform ad-hoc operational activities - Perform ad-hoc, exceptional/unique or high visibility, BA/CA-specific operational activities when needed due to requirements, or capacity.
Education and Experience
* University degree, with business or life sciences degree preferable.
* Business level fluency in English
* Demonstrated passion and drive to shape procurement across large and diverse parts of business areas and/or business areas in previous companies
* 10+ years procurement experience with experience in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs, basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
* Demonstrated passion for and role-modeling of VACC leadership, with proven ability to lead with a creative mindset, very high self-awareness and for acting as a coach and mentor for other leaders and professionals
* Expert communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into action.
* Strong executive stakeholder management skills.
* Experience or demonstrated understanding in pertinent BA/BU products, markets, and in Category Management as well as understanding of the major spend categories and potential cost levers.
* Proficient in systems and processes for efficient contract documentation, templates and tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity of legal risks and issues.
* Proficiency in business systems (Ariba, Emptoris, SAP etc.)
* Post graduate business related qualification.
* Experience in new product development and/or business development in the medical device / pharmaceutical industry
* Documented international strategic sourcing or cost reduction experience.
* Professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS, ISM) or Finance related licenses or certifications.Experience with enterprise systems and procure-to-pay tools such as Ariba, SAP or other purchase requisition technology.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.