STEWARDSHIP MANAGER - FOUNDATION
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Stewardship Manager is responsible for assisting the Sr. Director of Stewardship and Events with developing, executing, and evaluating comprehensive, personalized donor stewardship plans and experiences designed to inspire donors at all levels to Hoag. The Stewardship Manager has ownership of assigned projects that occur on both an ongoing and annual basis, as well as responsibility to develop and drive individual/one-off experiences that move donors along the philanthropic continuum from engagement to donation to stewardship. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Stewardship and Events, the Manager operates with a high degree of organization, attention to detail, critical thinking, sophistication and creativity.
* Work collaboratively with development officers and the donor relations team in creating compelling touch points and moments of surprise and delight to build donor loyalty
* Create an effective system for acknowledging, recognizing, celebrating and communicating with donors about the impact of their gifts at Hoag
* Increase donor retention and build strong relationships through gifting experiences personalized in a fresh, stylish and artful way
* Collaborate with Director of Events and other stakeholders to plan and carry out stewardship events that deliver an exceptional experience with consistent messaging about impact of gifts and fundraising priorities
* Manage donor acknowledgements, engagement, and reporting initiatives
* Thinks creatively about workflow efficiencies and internal processes and communications.
* Demonstrates proactivity in all areas of work, especially project management and communication with colleagues
* Maintain ongoing and active partnerships with internal and external constituents, Hoag colleagues and other stakeholders. Works closely with vendors such as florists, writers, photographers, curated gifting vendors and printers.
* Work in tandem with the communications team to drive donor centric projects forward
* Provide outstanding customer-service.
* The successful candidate will understand how to create thoughtful, personalized, relationship-based plans to steward prospects and donors.
* Track and evaluate all stewardship activity and its effectiveness using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, the Foundation’s donor management software
Experience working for a large university-related medical center or health care fundraising organization; demonstrated success in managing complex programs and projects.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Genuine interest in inspiring, informing and engaging donors, and developing and maintaining donor relationships
Experience in the customer service industry with demonstrated ability to deliver exemplary customer service to a wide variety and level of constituents.
Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Familiarity with database management, including using query and reporting tools.
Highly motivated and goal-oriented self-starter, able to work independently and as part of team.
Strong sense of professional ethics with demonstrated high-level of personal integrity, discretion and diplomacy.
Must demonstrate ability to perform role with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; organized with a strong sense of setting priorities, directing multiple projects simultaneously from concept to completion and providing thorough follow up under minimal supervision in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
Successful track record of navigating in a complex organizational environment, thinking clearly and remaining calm to resolve problems using creativity and good judgment.
Must have polished interpersonal skills and be capable of interacting successfully with leadership, development officers, donors, physicians, administrators and other key stakeholders.