OPERATING ROOM ASSISTANT - OPERATING ROOM
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you thrive on meeting the challenges of supporting a team in a dynamic operating room environment? Are you highly organized and passionate about helping nurses and doctors treat patients through every stage of their procedure? If you said yes, keep reading - we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
As part of the Operating Room (OR) team at Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach, you'll be directly supporting the mission of the Perioperative Services Division. Being a Hoag Operating Room Assistant I (ORA) means serving our community by collaborating with members of your team to offer the highest level of care to those who depend on us.
Inside Hoag's OR
The OR features 18 beds and serves pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients requiring surgical or procedural interventions. As ORA you will work under the direction of a Lead, Registered Nurse (RN), and/or Doctor of Medicine (MD). Your primary responsibilities will include: providing patient transport, general cleaning, equipment cleaning, gathering equipment, specimen transport, room turnover, performing shave preps as needed in the pre-op area, and assisting OR team with patient care (positioning and prepping).
Other duties may include:
* Preparing and assembling highly specialized equipment.
* Understanding the rationale for Operating Room cleaning practices, and consistently demonstrating proper guidelines for room cleaning.
* Delivering quality patient care to all patients at all times, and maintaining operating rooms in accordance with the professional and regulatory standards, philosophy and goals, set forth by Hoag Hospital.
Hoag employees consistently maintain a high standard of professional communication, appearance and conduct. They're driven to excel in patient care, and they're deeply passionate about their work. To that end, we'll expect you to participate in our continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
We're keen on following safety measures and infection control protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate knowledge of the populations we serve.
Hoag is the Place to Be
We believe that when you join Hoag, you become part of a family. We're deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve our community, making your ongoing growth and development our priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases and sponsored training opportunities, Hoag employees enjoy:
* Annual performance incentives
* Safe Harbor bonuses
* Competitive 401 (k) program with matching contributions
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Nursing Scholarships
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
* On-site childcare at our Newport Beach location
* Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
* On-site Wellness Centers in our Irvine and Newport Beach campuses that include discounted services for massage therapy, acupuncture, mediation and mindfulness, yoga, Pilates and fitness coaches
We look for passion, an ownership mentality, and out-of-the box thinking. If this is you and Hoag sounds like home, please apply. A member our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you if they want to know more.
* High School diploma.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
* Effective communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability.
* Ability to carry out instructions with exceptional attention to detail.
* One (1) year of patient care experience in a hospital setting.
There's no Place Like Hoag
Recently, Hoag was recognized as the highest ranked hospital in Orange County in a 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report. The organization was also ranked the #4 hospital in the Los Angeles Metro Area and the #8 hospital in California.
We're an industry leader at the cornerstone of exceptional patient care - but we can't do it without you.
To learn more about us and see our culture in action, check out this video on YouTube.
* Job ID #: 81852
* Type: Full Time
* Shift: 1st
Join the conversation and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn @hoagcareers.
Hoag is an equal opportunity employer