DESIGN AND LOGISTICS SR SPEC - FACILITIES DESIGN & CONST
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Design & Logistics Sr. Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of the furniture, fixtures & equipment (FF&E) scope including, signage, plants, artwork, accessories and relocations for capital and operational projects throughout the organization, outpatient and inpatient, on-license and off-license. Project phases responsible for managing include pre-design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, agency review, bid, construction administration, move-in and close-out for Hoag Hospital and its affiliates (the Organization). The Design & Logistics Sr. Specialist provides leadership in alignment with real estate, facilities, construction and operations for all new, remodel, and relocation projects within the Organization's real estate portfolio, assisting project teams of design and construction along with architects, engineers and third party vendors to outfit facilities throughout the Organization.
The Design & Logistics Sr. Specialist displays and practices a work-style reflecting the mission, vision and values of the Facilities, Design and Construction team, as well as the Organization. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures, including the use of specialized instrumentation, Quality Control requirements, and preventive maintenance.
Job Specific Essential Functions
* Manages multiple teams of business partners to deliver FF&E scope for all projects on time and on budget.
* Develops preliminary FF&E budgets, schedules and furniture test fits in support of preparing scope documents for project approval.
* Specifies furniture, fixtures and equipment within Hoag's standards program. In the effort of continuous improvement, evaluates standards against emerging trends to ensure the best value/cost to the organization.
* In conjunction with Bio Med, Engineering, EVS, Procurement, the user group, equipment planning consultants and Hoag project team, determines medical equipment requirements for projects. Coordinates with architects for space/structural/power/data requirements. Coordinates the sequential logistics of from warehouse to site, installation, and move-in management.
* Coordinates with REFCO staff to determine project requirements; provides furniture, fixtures and equipment specifications.
* Identifies needs and considers options for refurbishment, replacement, relocation or additional furniture, fixtures and equipment.
* Reviews shop drawings and equipment layouts for mechanical, engineering, and plumbing (MEP) coordination. Coordinate with Construction team and architects to ensure FF&E requirements are accurately captured in drawings.
* Prepares Request for Proposal (RFP) as required by project, evaluates bid analysis and recommends vendor selection.
* Coordinates purchasing documents for all orders, applying against correct capital project or cost center. Reviews all proposals for accuracy of specifications, quantity, discounting, timing and logistics.
* Coordinates with Procurement to identify the best supplier for each purchase and project. Ensures GPO's are applied as directed by Procurement.
* Quality-Driven Management:
* Complete projects as outlined in project schedules.
* Perform on-site walkthroughs pre-installation, during installation and final customer walkthroughs. Coordinate punch walks with all business partners, addressing punch items in a timely manner for correction.
* Document and share with the teams the lessons learned to inform future projects.
* Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
* Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes to optimize efficiency in areas of responsibility.
* Applies quality concepts learned from training/daily activities.
* Manages and trains consultants relative to facilities procedures.
* Develops and manages continuous feedback loop and evaluate life cycle performance.
* Supports REFCO and the Organization's sustainability initiatives.
* Manage relocation and office/workstation reconfigurations for the organization. Identify efficiencies to minimize the number of crews on site and maximize the crews' efforts. Coordinate with furniture dealers and warehouse team to apply existing inventory to save costs for the organization.
* Other requirements of the Design & Logistics Sr. Specialist:
* Position may require local travel between various Organization locations and/or its affiliates.
Position may require participating in meetings outside of normal business hours including occasional evenings and/or weekends.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
* Required: Bachelor's degree in Health Care or Business Administration plus at least 3 years of health care and FF&E related experience required or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Health Care or related field plus at least (5) years of health care and FF&E related experience. Experience in managing a team of business partners, multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast paced environment. Familiarity with OSHPD and licensing requirements.
Skills or Other Qualifications
* Possession of a valid California Driver's License at time of hire.
* Solid computer technical skills required, including advance proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Strong product and technical knowledge including applicable building codes, correct product application, customer application, cost estimating.
* Understanding of construction management, methods, project documents, materials and costs'
* Proven excellent customer service skills, including the ability to progressively probe, analyze, identify root causes of problems, provide practical solutions, and negotiate resolutions.
* Ability to make independent business decisions, considering both the impact to client satisfaction and overall financial ramifications for the Organization.
* Successful experience leading and motivating team members with/without direct reporting authority.
* Self-directed individual with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines, excellent attention to detail, and maintain a high level of work quality.
* Preferred: Strong familiarity of industry code standards and requirements, space requirements, best practices and emerging trends for hospitals and other healthcare project types.
* Working knowledge of Capital/Expense budget preparation.
* Working knowledge of AutoCad, Microsoft Project, Visio and/or other Design software
* Qualified bilingual or multilingual candidates.