Design Technology Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
HMC Architects designs solutions that work, wow, and withstand. We partner with healthcare, education, and civic clients to design buildings that promote healing, inspire learning, and create vibrant communities. Whether its a hospital, elementary school, student union, or community center, our empowered teams are experts when it comes to delivering successful projects and creating meaningful spaces.
HMC is in search of an experienced Design Technology Manager. This position can be located at any of HMC offices including: Ontario, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose or San Francisco. Remote working in California is available.
The successful candidate will manage the design technology team, focusing on integrating emerging technologies, computational design, visualization, representation, and data analysis. The Design Technology Manager reports to HMC's Director of BIM Technology.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent A/E career experience.
Experience: Bachelor's degree, preferably in Architecture, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent A/E career experience. Preferred 7-10 years in A/E practice experience working on a large scale, complex projects in the areas of Healthcare, Education, or Civic typologies. A firm command of the Design and Delivery process. Strong expertise in computational design software and programming. Good verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, people skills, and training. Strong technical knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit, Dynamo, Enscape, and other design applications. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Align design technology initiatives with strategic firm initiatives.
* Lead and mentor design a technology team.
* Represent the firm at technology conferences, functions, and workshops.
* Work with design teams to adopt and implement information to leverage data gathering and query for design intelligence and downstream application for artificial intelligence.
* Have strong knowledge of business intelligence data and platforms such as PowerBI and Tableau.
* Design, iterate, deploy, and maintain custom software applications and tools. Possess a primary understanding of custom plugins and components.
* The candidate will be a fast learner in new software, programming libraries, and languages.
* Design and deliver educational offerings ranging from essentials to advanced use of design technology.
* Create and manage the firm's design asset library.
* Hold a solid technical knowledge in MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Learning Management Systems.
* The candidate will have the capacity to work independently in a structured, disciplined, technology-driven environment.
* A technologist at heart loves to explore solutions via technology and is vigorous when faced with complex problems.
* The candidate will possess excellent presentation skills and the ability to keep an audience engaged.
* The candidate will have the ability to exercise judgment and discretion to set priorities and manage competing demands.
* Additional programming and scripting preferred C#, C++, Python.