Underwriter/Senior Underwriter - Media
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Hiscox, we encourage courage in our partners, our clients and ourselves. We work with our broker partners and the insured to give businesses the courage to start up, expand, enter new markets and much more.
As a specialist insurer and reinsurer, we are not interested in the ordinary. That would be too easy. We prefer to focus on those parts of the industry which are more difficult, more unusual and, well, more specialist. The more complex the risk, the greater the chance for us to show our clients what we can do. It's a successful approach and one that's seen us grow into a FTSE 250 business with offices around the world. But we are not stopping there. Our ambition is to expand our business into new markets and new territories. We are an ambitious company and we need ambitious people.
We are not a mass producer of insurance policies but focus on key areas of expertise and strength. We specialize in protecting people with unusual and often complicated insurance needs.
Hiscox USA writes insurance through the following growing Practice areas:
* Media & Entertainment: Media E&O and Entertainment
* Professions: Allied Healthcare E&O, Architects & Engineers E&O, Miscellaneous Professional Liability and Technology E&O & Privacy
* Executive Risk: Kidnap & Ransom, Crime, Private Corp D&O, Not for profit D&O and Financial Services
* Property: Commercial property and Terrorism
* Small Business & Partnerships: Professional liability, General liability and Business Owners Policy insurance sold directly online and through partnerships
Hiscox Group includes Hiscox London Market (Lloyd's of London), Hiscox UK and Europe, and Hiscox International (US, Bermuda and Guernsey).
Everything we do is guided by our Values and as experts in risk, Hiscox gives people and businesses the confidence to realize their ambitions.
Human: Clear, fair and inclusive
Courage: Dare to take a risk
Ownership: Passionate, commercial and accountable
Integrity: Doing the right thing, however hard
Connected: Together, build something better
Position: Underwriter/Senior Underwriter, Media E&O
Reporting to: Southwest Entertainment Regional Manager
Location: Los Angeles
Hiscox USA is currently searching in the Los Angeles area for a dynamic and engaging Underwriter to drive new business and handle renewal business with the Media E&O products in the Southwest region. This position provides an opportunity to thrive in an entrepreneurial climate that values and rewards thoughtful risk taking and excellence in execution.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Underwrite, price and negotiate accounts consistent with the quality of the risk and according to the company's strategy and guidelines for the Media E&O product lines
* Develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships with Southwest regional broker base
* Work with operations, claims, finance and internal and external marketing to build products and contribute to the financial performance of the business unit
* Maintain excellent service standards
* Monitor product results and develop ideas to increase productivity
Candidates must demonstrate:
* Outgoing, driven, high attention to detail and results focused mentality
* The ability to identify and proactivity address business needs
* Strong understanding of basic sales principles, negotiation skills and demonstrate a competitive drive
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently in a collaborative environment
* Innate service focus which enables one to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external customers and partners
* Insurance underwriting experience or knowledge is a plus but not required
* B.A./B.S degree is preferred
* At times, 15% Travel required
* Minimum of 2 years of Underwriting experience preferred
What we offer:
* Entrepreneurial, Open and Collaborative work environment
* Competitive Salary and Bonus (based on personal and company goals)
* Health Insurance (including HSA with 100% of deductible covered), Vision, Dental and FSA
* 24 PTO Days
* 10 Paid Holidays
* 401(k) with competitive company matching
* Stockshare program for all employees (100% risk free / refundable)