Analyst or Senior Analyst - ESG
Employment Type: Full-Time
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As an Analyst or Senior Analyst - ESG with Hines, you will create, coordinate, and manage ESG programs, policies, and disclosures in collaboration with broader Hines teams to successfully implement and advance Hines ESG Strategy. A large part of the responsibilities will be to support the firm's programs, assets, people, and reporting, including the annual sustainability report, UN-PRI and other ESG disclosures. As a central ESG resource, key responsibilities will include implementing Hines ESG strategy and commitments across Central and global regions and specifically responding to investor and client RFPs, collaborating with regional colleagues on green and healthy building certifications and with investment management on GRESB support. Other responsibilities include:
* Produce ESG materials, including support on presentations, proposals, and recommendations.
* Coordinate with Central and project teams on green and healthy building certifications - providing in-house expertise that complements third-party consultants.
* Collaborate on data management, including identifying types of data, sources and management systems for reporting and disclosures; support the tracking of ESG KPIs.
* Coordinate with Central, Investment Management and regional personnel on ESG Action Plans, ensuring they are updated and forward-thinking.
* Support carbon related activities, including providing input on embodied carbon in the development process, renewable energy opportunities, managing the firm's carbon emissions assessment and collaborating on net zero initiatives.
* Coordinate with portfolio management, fund teams and third-party consultants to ensure that ESG strategies for each mandate are being kept current and forward-thinking.
* Establish and maintain relationships with Hines teams: Central Operations, Central Engineering, Investment Management, Corporate Communications, Human Resources and Compliance among others.
* Consult and coordinate initiatives with third party ESG consultants as required.
* Prepare the firm's annual sustainability report with support from ESG Manager.
* Respond to investor, partner, client and tenant RFPs and DDQs, and coordinate with Capital Markets.
* Update the firm's GRESB starter guide and coordinate with Hines Investment Management key contacts.
* Lead the creating of WELL and Fitwell starter guides.
* Assist with other reporting, potentially including, UN-PRI, TCFD and other ESG disclosures.
Minimum Requirements include:
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Real Estate or Environmental Studies from an accredited institution.
* Four or more years' experience in ESG consulting related to commercial real estate, or ESG role within commercial real estate.
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work independently.
* Self-starter, rigorous, flexible, and with good people skills.
* Capable of working with many different stakeholders.
* A good sense of the theoretical side of ESG but an even stronger understanding of the practical side of implementing ESG in real estate.
* Understanding of real estate and building operations.
* Interest in self-development and adjusts for an inclusive workplace.
* Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Google suite of applications.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, to various audiences.
* Ability to think and work at both strategic and tactical levels as required.
* Unwavering commitment to integrity, the firm's Guiding Principles and our Leadership Principles.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 225 cities in 25 countries. Hines has approximately $144.1 billion¹ of assets under management, including $75.5 billion for which Hines serves as investment manager, including non-real estate assets, and $68.6 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 165 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,426 properties, totaling over 472 million square feet. The firm's current property and asset management portfolio includes 576 properties, representing over 246 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹AUM includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.