Catering Manager - Embassy Suites-LAX South
Employment Type: Full-Time
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Manager, you would be responsible for soliciting, securing and responding to customer inquiries regarding the purchase of food and beverage and use of event facilities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Manager customer relationship through drafting proposals and contracts, responding to customer inquiries, as well as organizing arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events ie: set-up and execution of social and corporate meetings, meals and special events. Provides direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to catering and event services managers and other departments and team members responsible for event execution.
* Represents the hotel and conducts conferences with individual customers by telephone or in-person to solicit and close group and local catering business. meets with and entertains customers, conducts property tours and promotes facilities and services and within parameters, has discretion to negotiate contracts with customers and commission agreement with vendors.
* Provides support to Director of Catering in planning and on site execution of large events.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
* Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
* Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
* Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
* Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
* Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
* Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
* Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision 'to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality' unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!