Employment Type: Full-Time
Jensen Hughes has an exciting career opportunity for new graduates as an Associate Fire Protection Engineer. The position can be based in any one of our United States offices. Since 1939, we have been at the leading edge of safety, security and risk-based engineering and consulting, serving the most complex global projects. In addition, we pride ourselves on driving code and standard development and adoption throughout the world and across industries. We planted our roots with a commitment to earning your trust and protecting lives, property and reputation. Today, we continue to work at the forefront of the professional services industry in safety, security and risk-based science, engineering and consulting. Our Company Purpose + Principles honor our past while looking to the future. The range of services we provide are how we achieve our Purpose: to make our world safe, secure and resilient. This Purpose and commitments within each of four Principles (People, Industry, Clients, Performance) reflect our company culture and how we serve our clients within the world we work and live today.
* Perform professional-level fire protection engineering services such as life safety code consulting, sprinkler design, fire alarm design, performance-based fire engineering design, under the direction of a P.E. or an experienced consultant.
* Develops plans, specifications, and inspection reports as needed on assigned tasks to see that these items are complete, accurate and in accordance with good professional service practice standards.
* Assist in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigations or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
* Identify applicable codes and standards to reference in evaluating how to respond to inquiries.
* Conduct and document assigned work such as basic building code analyses, egress analyses, fire detection and alarm systems reviews, smoke control systems reviews, and basic sprinkler and water supply systems reviews, including hydraulic calculations.
* Apply engineering calculations such as size required, means of egress, maximum allowable building area, sprinkler system water supplies and smoke control equipment.
* Submit progress reports to Project Managers and Project Leaders.
* Effectively communicate with project team members, clients and others.
* Position may involve some CADD document preparation/production Professional career development in specific Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles or construction technology and practices.
* Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Responsible self-starter with problem solving and reasoning skills.
* Possess intermediate-level personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
* Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or higher and 0-3 years' experience
* Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills to write reports, business correspondence, presentations and procedure manuals, and to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and the general public.
* Passion advancing the science of safety and in exceeding our client expectations