Silver Peak Senior Product Marketing Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what's next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the job
Job ID: 1072265 Date Posted: 3/2/2021 Primary Location: Santa Clara, California Other Locations: Teleworker, California, United States of America Job Category: Marketing Schedule: Full time Shift: No shift premium (United States of America)
'Silver Peak is giving Enterprises the (WAN) Edge! With an end-to-end approach to SD-WAN platform, we are delivering the highest multiplier on your investments in cloud applications and services, transforming your WAN to deliver better economics, control, reliability and performance.
Our employees are the key to the innovation that has made Silver Peak a success. We provide an environment that is geared to reward creativity, innovation and teamwork.
We are seeking an experienced product marketing professional who will be responsible for positioning, messaging and launching Silver Peak SD-WAN products and solutions. The position will interface effectively with engineering, product management, marketing, enterprise sales, service provider sales, customer support, channel management channel partners, technology partners and customers. A strong technical background in networking technologies, outstanding written and verbal communication and proven product positioning skills are 'musts' for this role.
The individual will drive and develop material to support brand awareness, demand generation and sales enablement initiatives including marketing/sales collateral, customer and partner presentations, videos, and sales training materials.
How you'll make your mark:
* You will develop a deep understanding of Silver Peak products and technologies with a keen ability to translate them into customer benefits and business value
* You will understand product positioning, competitive positioning and developing a 'go-to-market' SD-WAN strategy
* You will define program-managing product launches including service provider manage service offerings based on Silver Peak solutions
* You will define the writing and creating product collateral including product data sheets, white papers, solution briefs, competitive briefs and battle cards, presentations, videos, web content
* You will conduct product market and competitor analyses for the Silver Peak SD-WAN offering
* You will collaborate with the service provider, channel partner and ecosystem partner marketing/account teams to define, develop and create joint collateral including solution briefs, product brochures, data sheets, white papers, webinars, podcasts, presentations and other sales collateral
* You will work with Silver Peak sales teams to provide support for new business opportunities
* You will develop and leverage relationships with key industry thought leaders to initiate, develop, and expand awareness of Silver Peak in existing and potentially new market opportunities
Position-Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
* You will need to be able to understand technical skills with experience in data networking and/or security technologies is required to be able to interact at a detailed level with engineering, customers and partners
* You will need to have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* You will need to have the ability to interface at all levels internally and externally
* You will need marketing aptitude and ability to communicate business benefits and outcomes derived from a highly technical solution
* You will need experience defining, developing, launching and marketing sophisticated networking products and/or applications
* You will need the ability to influence others and work collaboratively to produce results across multiple functional teams
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science required; MS or MBA desired
* You will have excellent writing skills
* You will have excellent verbal communication skills including public speaking
* You will have a minimum 8 years' experience in the networking industry in an engineering and/or technical marketing capacity, at least 3 of which must be in a product marketing or product management function
* You will have current work experience with SD-WAN, SDN, NFV, SASE, cloud or network security technologies required
* You will have working knowledge of networking protocols and methodologies including SDN, SD-WAN, traditional routing
* You will have working knowledge of network security functions including cloud-delivered security services; knowledge of application classification and analytics technologies highly desirable
* You will be detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills required
* You will have prior experience in product management and marketing networking systems, security products, network monitoring carrier-class/service provider products highly desirable
* You will have experience creating sales enablement tools for communications service providers, cloud providers, reseller partners and system integrators highly desirable
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status