Tractor Trailer Driver
Employment Type: Full-Time
Herc Rentals Inc. (NYSE: HRI) is an equipment rental firm committed to providing its customers with unparalleled service and expert solutions needed to take on the most demanding jobs.
With more than 50 years of equipment rental expertise, our growing team consists of more than 5,000 employees and 270 company-owned branches. Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings, value-added services and consultative services that support its customers' construction, industrial, remediation and maintenance projects.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on honesty, excellence, respect, and commitment.
The purpose of the Tractor Trailer Driver position is to transport, deliver and retrieve assorted construction and heavy equipment and to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will operate both commercial and non-commercial vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. He/she performs at a high standard of quality level within the branch and outside of the branch. He/she has mastered the operating standards of the facility, the region and corporation.
* Transport, deliver and retrieve assorted construction and heavy equipment
* Operate commercial or non-commercial vehicles in a safe, efficient and professional manner
* Promote professionalism and excellent customer service attitude
* Perform vehicle inspections before and after pickups and deliveries
* Ensure all delivery documents are properly maintained during the workday and are available for inspection upon request by management and/or state traffic safety officers
* Apply knowledge of driving and/or commercial driving skills in maneuvering at various speeds in difficult locations, heavy traffic, inclement weather, mountainous terrain or tight loading dock areas
* Secure construction equipment and other equipment by means of chaining, strapping, and blocking under the strict accordance and established procedures of the DOT policies
* Maintain open communication with Branch Manager and/or central dispatch for delivery schedules
* Observe safety rules and regulations at customer job sites, facilities and other Herc Rentals related facilities
* Provide training assistance for customers by answering general questions regarding the safe operations of vehicles, tools, or machinery when asked by customer
* Report to the branch manager or central dispatcher of any damage to Herc Rentals property that is uncovered by the driver during the process of picking up the equipment from the customer
* Report any and all accidents involving the driver or equipment to Branch Manager or Central Dispatch
* Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, or any other problems relating to timely pickups or delivery of equipment
* Maintain flexibility in daily routine in order to respond to Management's responses to the customer demands
* Ensure proper paperwork & logs are maintained accurately on a daily basis
High School Diploma/GED
Conditions of Employment
Minimum of 2 years of tractor trailer driving experience within the last three years
Commercial Driver's License, Class A, with tanker endorsement
Current medical card
Hazmat endorsement must be obtained within 120 days of employment. Assistance will be provided.
* Ability to lift 50+ pounds
* Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
* Ability to secure loads safely
* Customer service skills
At Herc Rentals, our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.