Industrial Electrical Superintendent - Wastewater
Employment Type: Full-Time
Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. California based Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
To better support current backlog and the anticipated doubling of business over the next few years, Helix Electric has created a new position for a dynamic Electrical Industrial Construction Superintendent. At any given time, this superintendent will be executing projects $1M+ in industrial electrical work in projects. The successful superintendent will manage all wastewater electrical installations, troubleshooting, delivering quality output, meeting customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and delivering within budget.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
* Managing and providing leadership for safety and environmental programs
* Monitoring job costing, quality reporting, forecasting and productivity
* Coordinating all manpower, materials and equipment
* Completing field administration: timesheets, quantity reports, purchases and the job diaries
* Organizing and coordinating all subcontractor activities
* Implementing and monitoring the construction plan; including scheduling and logistics
* Supervising and mentoring field personnel (15+ electricians)
* Journeyman Trade Certification in a related Construction trade required
* Project history includes heavy industrial projects and has also completed wastewater projects required
* A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule and within budget
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to perform a variety of tasks under multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Proficient in MS Office Suite
* Excellent knowledge of the Building Codes
* Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, snow.
* Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
* Employee's personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1-250 lbs., Class 1A-300 lbs.).
* Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required.
* Climbing ladders and steep stairs, crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is require.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.