Employment Type: Full-Time
There's Always a Seat at Our Bar
The Lagunitas Brewing Company began on a kitchen stove in Northern California in 1993 and has always looked to the future - whether supporting local communities by turning beer into money for the cause, or fueling stories, songs, and experiences with our IPA. Wherever you go: Beer Speaks, People Mumble.
What You'll Do
* Rinse, vent and CIP 60, 120, 300, 500 and 750 BBL stainless steel uni-tanks.
* Maintain cleanliness and order in the brewhouse and cellars
* Pull tank or inline samples and accurately perform tests
* Clean in Place (CIP) area specific lines and tanks: Brewhouse vessels, 750 BBL unitanks, Brite Beer Tanks
* Clean Out of Place (COP) of tank parts
* Communicate and respond to out of specification critical process control points
* Accurate and legible execution of paperwork and daily computer entries into electronic brew tracker
* Train new hires on key actions in each department within the brewery
* Work with Brewing Supervisors and Brewing Managers on special assignments or projects as needed
* Handle/weigh out raw materials
* Monitor and respond to alarms for all brewing processes on a Siemens PCS7 Control System
* Select proper yeast sources for harvesting in such a way that does not delay cellar activities
* Prepare yeast lines, pumps, and storage vessels for propagation or transfer of yeast
* Complete yeast harvesting and pitching procedures
* Clean in Place (CIP) area specific lines and tanks: Centrifuge, Filter Press, Brite Beer Tanks, Filtration Lines
* Effectively coordinate with Brewing, Cellar, and Packaging departments to prepare beer for Packaging in an efficient manner.
* Prepare filtration lines, pumps, and bright beer vessels for filtered product
* Perform Filter Press breakdowns to remove spent filter pads and solids
* Executes required daily yeast and cold trub removals
* Prepares stages and executes daily requirement of dry hopping (approximately 65% of the time spent working each day will involve some facet of dry hopping).
* Ability to pull tank samples and accurately perform daily density and pH readings as well as perform cell counts
* Provides support to the Head Brewer or Supervisor to fulfill casks and firkin orders.
* Prepares, fills and transfers beer to and from wooden barrels
* Adhere to all safety standards set by Lagunitas and OSHA.
* Actively participate in safety meetings, audits, and good catch program.
What We're Lookin' For
* Experience working with a 50 BBL or larger brewing system preferred
* Experience working with a centrifuge and sheet filter preferred
* Formal training and certification from recognized brewing school (Siebel, Doemens, ABG, etc.)
* Ability to perform a variety of brewing calculations
* Strong working knowledge of CIP, COP, and sanitizing principles
* Working knowledge of pneumatic systems, industrial electricity, mechanical power, steam generation and distribution, industrial refrigeration and sanitary process piping and systems strongly preferred
* Ability to work with various computer programs including Microsoft Word & Excel
* Safety conscious first, quality minded second, efficiency driven third
* Willing to work weekends, evenings, and holidays; acceptance of varying and flexible schedules
* Punctual & reliable
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently
* Must be a Team Player
* Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
* Strong knowledge of craft beer and the brewing process
Come as You Are
At Lagunitas, we welcome people (and dogs) from all walks of life. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nation of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age, has a home here. Love, progress, and acceptance will always have a seat at our bar.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Rosa
Nearest Secondary Market: Petaluma
Job Segment: Developer, Supply, XML, Siebel, ERP, Technology, Operations