Regional Corporate Recruiter
Employment Type: Full-Time
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes 'Great Things Happen!'™
WORK FROM HOME ELIGIBLE
Under general direction, the Regional Corporate Recruiter is responsible for partnering with assigned Regional Bank Business Line Leaders and Regional HR Business Partners (Regional HRBP) to develop, lead, and implement talent acquisition strategies ultimately leading to timely, quality hires. In addition, this position is accountable for creating diverse talent pipelines for current and future needs while incorporating the organization's culture and brand while driving change.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Partners with Hiring Managers and Regional HRBP to identify current and future staffing needs.
2. Manages all aspects of the employment and recruitment process for assigned banks that span multiple states.
3. Generates candidate interest through creative marketing and social media messaging.
4. Clearly articulates and sells our value proposition to candidates via networking events, professional networks and phone interactions.
5. Sources, screens, interviews and develops candidate slates.
6. Advises and consults with the hiring managers on hiring decisions, job offer negotiations, and staffing strategies.
7. Leads and executes diverse sourcing strategies across the assigned bank region for both active and future needs.
8. Maintains productive community relationships and utilize these contacts to expand potential applicant pool.
9. Provides timely, relevant, and accurate feedback to internal and external candidates as well as hiring managers.
10. Sources potential and passive candidates through job postings, direct channels, social media, internet sourcing, extensive name generation research and relationship building and networking events.
11. Builds relationships with local colleges and participates in Campus Career Fairs supporting the Early Talent Program.
12. Reviews completed background and credit reports - escalating to Talent Acquisition Director for final approval when needed.
13. Coordinates assessments if applicable
14. Coordinates interviews with hiring groups including routing schedules and resumes, making travel arrangements (when necessary) and gathers interview feedback.
15. Identifies and serves as a talent acquisition liaison with external partnerships and key diversity and veteran organizations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and or Human Resources Required
2. 5-7 years recruiting experience in a large corporate environment
3. Previous experience working with an Applicant Tracking System
4. Experience in banking or financial services strongly recommended
5. Knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations related to employment and general personnel practices
6. Previous experience building talent pipelines through the use of social media, relationship building, and networking
7. Strong knowledge of behavioral based interviewing techniques
8. Proven experience working with all levels of the organization up to and including executive leadership
9. Strong follow up skills
10. Proficient computer skills, including Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook and applicant tracking systems
11. Strong problem solving and attention to detail skills; responsible for meeting quality standards
1. PHR or SHRM CP Designation Preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours: