Outpatient Intake Administrator & Scheduler
Employment Type: Full-Time
Therapy Specialists: A New Life HealthPRO-Heritage Company is seeking a Full-Time Outpatient Intake Administrator & Scheduler to join our great Rehab Team at our Outpatient Clinic in Point Loma, CA to assist with insurance authorizations and eligibility verifications, intake forms, patient scheudling, front desk responsibilities, and assist as needed with Rehab Tech responsibilities.
The Intake Administrator & Scheduler is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing patients and guests to ensure all interactions and services run as smoothly as possible. Additionally, this role is responsible for coordinating patient appointments, collecting co-payments for services, processing new patient information and ensuring that the operational and administrative needs of clinic and organization are met.
* Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone.
* Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
* Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays; checking with patients to ensure their wait time is within guidelines.
* Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining order in the reception area.
* Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
* Follows TS best practices for prioritization of appointment scheduling (i.e. 'no shows' not eligible for prime time appointments)
* Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
* Prepares weekly deposit and ensures that all co-payments are recorded/audited.
* Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
* Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related responsibilities as requested.
* Sort incoming mail, faxes, and deliveries for distribution
* Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 2 years of related experience
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
* Experience in Databases, Word, Excel and Internet research
* Exceptional customer service focus
* Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and email
* Excellent work ethic
* Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through
* Must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple projects
* Ability to work effectively as a team
Recruiter : Email Address