Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
What You'll Do (aka Description):
It is time to take your career to the next level. Responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all operational and financial aspects of multiple Health Centers (two small sites with at least one being a medium-sized site). Full accountability for non-clinician teammates within assigned Health Centers, including but not limited to hiring, mentoring, professional development, annual review, compensation adjustment, corrective actions and termination. Responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all operational and financial aspects of the Health Centers in conjunction with Physician Lead and other clinician or non-clinician teammates. Provide effective leadership to managers, supervisors and teammates in overseeing the delivery of quality, cost-effective patient care.
What Work Will Look Like:
* Strategic, financial and operations management;
* Strategic growth and patient retention;
* Patient care coordination, patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes;
* Teammate management & development (over 45 teammates); and
* Risk management, audit and compliance
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two year college.
* Over 5 years and up to and including 10 years of relevant work experience and including 5 years of management experience.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of medical billing and office automation software.
* Ensures the coordination of provider schedules and the scheduling of patients. Monitors appointment availability and implements changes as needed
* Monitors the impact of growth on the facility's existing space plan based on projected enrollment, visits and utilization. Proposes, plans and directs facility expansion and enhancement projects when required. Maintains a professional facility appearance that meets patients' expectations.
* Monitors patient satisfaction through various programs such as the formal complaint process, new patient survey, etc. Responds as appropriate.
* You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
* Employees are required to screen for symptoms using a UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in or Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnithedHealth Group building, Employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
It'd be even better if (#Preferred):
* Master's degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or Nursing preferred
* Experience in managed care organizations preferred
* Medical group or IPA operations management experience preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.