Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all operational and financial aspects of the Health Center (two small sites with at least one being a medium-sized site) in conjunction with clinician or Registered Nursing and Nurse Steering in providing effective leadership to managers, supervisors and staff and overseeing the delivery of quality, cost-effective patient care.
* Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
* Provides overall direction and guidance to clinical and administrative team of staff, supervisors and/or managers.
* Communicates organizational objectives and vision to the team.
* Assists supervisors and managers with the development and implementation of departmental goals, policies, procedures, budgets and reporting tools.
* Promotes a team approach to delivering quality, cost-effective care to where patient satisfaction is the primary goal.
* Prepares annual capital equipment and operating budgets for the Health Center. Monitors departmental activities and justifies variances when necessary. Implements effective tools to improve operational efficiencies and control costs.
* Ensures the coordination of provider schedules and the scheduling of patients. Monitors appointment availability and implements changes as needed.
* Works in conjunction with designated lead physician and regional team to enhance provider satisfaction. Assists in resolving provider-related issues when necessary.
* Monitors the impact of growth on the facility's existing space plan based on projected enrollment, visits and utilization. Proposes, plans and directs facility expansion and enhancement projects when required. Maintains a professional facility appearance that meets patients' expectations.
* Enhances Health Center visibility through community involvement.
* Participates actively on organizational and ad hoc committees as needed.
* Reports progress, operational issues, organizational opportunities and threats to the regional team on a monthly basis or as needed.
* Monitors patient satisfaction through various programs such as the formal complaint process, new patient survey, etc. Responds as appropriate.
* Works toward ensuring customer service standards are met.
* Ensure staff compliance with all Optum policies and procedures.
* Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college.
* Master's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or Nursing preferred. Minimum
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.