Medical Assistant, LLT/ X-ray Tech
Employment Type: Part-Time
* Primary Hours: Flexible hours available (Per diem/ Part time)
* Department:Family Practice
* Location(s): San Clemente, Ladera Ranch, and Irvine CA
As a Medical Assistant, Limited Licensed X-ray Technician you'll provide service excellence in patient care - working as a teammate with a clinician, RN or LVN to perform procedures and assist with minor surgical procedures. You'll work both face-to-face with patients and behind the scenes to ensure that we provide quality care. You'll be an integral member of the coordinated care team and join as a member of our team.
As a team we'll make an impact in the lives of over 1,700,000 patients and more than 12,000 teammates. With opportunities in California, Washington, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada and Florida there's room for you to grow, learn and develop your career as we grow.
We invest in our teammates' personal and professional growth and we'll invest in you when you join the team. You'll commit to our vision and we'll work together as we build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen.
* 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
* Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
* Phlebotomy certificate.
* Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) certified.
* One year to three years of experience as a Medical Assistant.
* Current California limited X-ray permit.
It'd be even better if (Preferred):
* You're a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
* You've worked as a Medical Assistant for more than a year.
* You've had 1+ years' experience in a specialty field.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.