Employment Type: Full-Time
Hawker Pacific Aerospace, Sun Valley, CA is seeking a Financial Analyst to support its Finance and Accounting department. Selected applicant will be Responsible for establishing a Financial Reporting System, which is capable and interfacing with Lufthansa Technik AG's (Lufthansa) Financial Reporting System. Maintain databases in conjunction with Lufthansa to support reporting tools for Hawker Pacific Aerospace (Hawker). Analyze and interpret financial and non-financial data using practical and theoretical knowledge. Prepare financial data in order to identify, project and discuss drivers of financial trends.
A Financial Analyst may be assigned to one or more departments depending upon the company needs at the time.
This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned task. May be assigned some or all duties indicated below depending on job progression level.
* Establish a Financial Reporting System, which is capable and interfacing with Lufthansa's Financial Reporting System.
* Maintain databases in conjunction with Lufthansa to support reporting tools for Hawker.
* Analyze and interpret financial and non-financial data using practical and theoretical knowledge. Extract and process financial data from Lufthansa's system.
* Lead, support, and monitor progress of project.
* Integrate DATCOM, Power BI, or similar business intelligence tool, to optimize the maintenance process.
* Review financial reports for accuracy and initiate investigation and resolution of any discrepancies identified or reported by users.
* Produce financial reports used to assist Senior Management and Operation Managers in short and long-range financial planning.
* Conduct financial analysis and calculations (i.e. 'what if' scenarios, cost/benefit and break even analysis, variance analysis, risk analysis, profit/loss analysis, etc.).
* Review actual and historical data to reveal performance trends.
* Collaboration with multiple departments in preparation and development of business plans and return on invest calculations
* Monitor progress of program requirements and monitor cost performance against plans to ensure contractual cost obligations are met.
* Provide necessary training and support for the development of the short and long term business plan and the budgeting process.
* Prepare presentations for management meetings.
* This individual has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned task.
* Responsibility to work with LEAN Manufacturing principles.
* Performs other duties as required by business needs.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred.
Experience: Four (4) to Six (6) years' related experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Superior presentation and negotiation skills. Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Attention to detail and ability to multitask tasks from multiple administrators. SAP Knowledge.
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), or both. U.S. Person preferred. Under U.S. law, a U.S. Person is: a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card status'), a Political Asylee or Refugee. Foreign Nationals applying for this position are subject to U.S. export licensing requirements in order to lawfully have access to technical data, including approval(s) from the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls or the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security. Prior written authorization from the U.S. Department of State-DDTC or the U.S. Department of Commerce-BIS, or both, must be granted, or the inapplicability of such requirements must be certified by the Empowered Official, BEFORE the applicant can work at Hawker Pacific Aerospace.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.