Product Management Leadership, Payroll
Employment Type: Full-Time
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That's why we're committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Team
Gusto's HR products and app marketplace transform the way small businesses do HR and help them create great places to work for their employees. Extending Gusto's product capabilities through integrations enables our 100K+ small business customers to solve millions of use cases.
About the Role
Gusto is looking for an entrepreneurial problem solver to lead our Payroll Product Management team across our San Francisco, Denver and New York offices. Payroll is Gusto's core product, used by every single one of our 100k+ customers and responsible for the bulk of our revenue. We are off to a great start with over 1% of the US market, but there is still so much room to improve as we continue to build the best payroll service possible for every small and medium sized business.
As part of Gusto's PM leadership team, you'll develop and execute the payroll product roadmap with a nimble and talented team of PM's. You will have the freedom to run with a product idea and see it through to the end. You'll build a team, a business and set of products that our customers will love and will set the bar for the industry.
If you are a customer-focused builder who thrives on making major business impact at a high-growth company, we would love to hear from you!
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
* Lead Gusto's payroll product team: Recruit, hire, and empower a team of PMs
* Develop the payroll product roadmap for a cross-functional team of PMs, engineers, designers, operators and marketers
* Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
* Articulate and design customer experiences that make our users smile
* Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
* Be an owner of features and products, end to end
Here's what we're looking for:
* 6+ years of hands-on product management experience, with management / mentorship experience
* Bring grit, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and be a hands-on help to your team
* Have a proven track record of building products that users love
* Drive user research to drive product changes
* Be organized and advocate for design methodologies and processes
* Pay great attention to detail. 'Pixel perfect isn't an ideal, it is a requirement'
* Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
* Bonus points if you have SaaS experience serving SMB's
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.