Loan Officer Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Guild Mortgage Company , closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
Reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards and ensuring completeness of submission. Contacts borrower and/or mortgage broker to collect necessary documentation and act as a liaison between origination staff, underwriters, and customers.This position requires an active MLO license.
• Track key dates of transaction.
• Maintain customer contact to ensure follow-up of loan application.
• Manage client and referral partner databases.
• Answer customer inquiries relating to locked status, and loan application status to ensure quality customer service.
• Resolve file problems, bottlenecks and qualifying issues throughout production and underwriting process.
• Provide administrative support in the collection and preparation of submitting loan application with supporting documentation to processing.
• Coordinate, create, track and distribute marketing materials.
• Perform any other reasonable duties required by Guild Mortgage Company or Managing Loan Officer to be performed by Loan Officer Assistant.
Tasks include marketing, database management and send and collect 1003, disclosures and supporting documentation from customer for completion and signatures. Assisting through production and underwriting process. Preparing and submitting loan application to processing, resolving file issues, conversations with customers, vendors and referral partners. High level of file management and client and referral partner conversations including rate, status and qualifying issues. May perform all Loan Officer duties including, but not limited to:
• Acting as primary point of contact for the customer, and keeping the customer informed throughout the process.
• Obtaining an accurate and thorough 1003.
• Analyzing customer’s credit and financial scenario, determining appropriate loan product(s), and obtaining accurate AUS findings.
• Pricing a profitable loan and communicating fees to operations team.
• Quoting rate, and making commitments regarding locking to customer.
• Disclosing initial 1003 and disclosures to customer according to regulations.
• Collecting supporting documentation from the customer.
• Discussing product features with customer.
• Submitting a viable loan to processing.
• Reviewing HUD-1 to ensure fees and cash at closing are consistent with commitment to customer.
• Marketing to referral sources to generate leads and loan production.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, along with at least two years of experience in Mortgage lending or related field. Active MLO licensing required. Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized. Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness. Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service. Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers. Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Basic math skills. Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
Supervision: No direct or indirect reports. Low level of independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making; executes standard core job responsibilities with only minor variation and escalates more complex issues for advice and resolution. Travel: 0%
Requirements: Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting. Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse. Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media. Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Licenses & Certifications
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.