Biospecimen Procurement Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the company
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Guardant Health's Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360CDx and GuardantOMNI, for patients with advanced cancer, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for cancer recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and at all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the Role:
The development of cancer screening assays require the appropriate clinical specimens with accurate clinical annotation to support research and development. Much of the data that fuels the development of our screening tests is generated through sequencing of clinically annotated biospecimens that are sourced from multiple sources including biobanks, vendors, IRB approved clinical collections etc. We are looking for an individual to develop and oversee the execution of clinical sample acquisition strategy that ensures our biospecimen needs are met in a timely fashion and in close collaboration with multiple cross functional partners.
* Identify and evaluate sources of biospecimens to support internal research and development activities for the cancer screening core
* Lead the biospecimen selection process for Guardant Health screening R&D efforts
* Create a strategy to effectively leverage multiple approaches to obtaining specimens including vendors, biobanks and or clinical trial protocols to source samples to support internal R&D efforts
* Work closely with cross functional teams including medical affairs, evidence and outcomes, bioinformatics, and product development to execute biospecimen acquisition strategy
* Oversee the sourcing and contracting process for acquisition of all biospecimen samples
* Manage existing vendor relationships to address any operational questions/issues that arise and resolve or triage to the appropriate individual or cross-functional group.
* Establish various documents and plans to ensure Guardant Health's and vendor's expectations are aligned so vendor performance and quality metrics are developed, agreed and implemented.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of clinical oncology treatment paradigms and patient journeys
* Working knowledge of ICH/GCP standards and practices
* 3+ years of relevant working experience in the lab or comparable industry, including CRO's, clinical sites and biobanks
* 2+ years of relevant technical experience working with biospecimen management, lab management, biobanking or similar organizations
* BA/BS in life sciences or related degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.