Mergers and Acquisitions Associate or Senior
Employment Type: Full-Time
The GHJ Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team provides a challenging, rewarding and entrepreneurial opportunity for individuals to improve their skill set and career trajectory while advising companies across numerous industries through a transaction process. The TAS practice is part of GHJ's larger Advisory practice, offering a broad exposure to forward thinking services, exciting clients and a rewarding professional environment.
* Participate in buy-side and sell-side transaction engagements with corporate entities, investment bankers, private equity firms and strategic corporate buyers.
* Prepare calculations of EBITDA adjustments, and work with data to prepare financial models, identify trends and stimulate conversation
* Prepares operating and financial metrics including graphs, charts for discussion highlighting trends, areas of concern, etc
* Identify and conduct appropriate validation procedures around key financial statement items
* Documents work completed by preparing write ups and easily to follow methodology, taking into account possible alternatives and specific client circumstances
* Assists in proofing financial statements and other documents if appropriate.
* Prepares and indexes client files, and internal working papers
* Build relationships with, and speaks to, client personnel to obtain an understanding of their business operations, processes and functions.
* Some travel may be required (up to 30%), subject to COVID-19 considerations.
* Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance with a desire to build practical experience in an advisory/transactional arena
* CPA achieved or in progress
* At least 2 years of full time experience in a professional services environment
* Experience in professional services accounting, especially as it relates to working with and validating various sets of data. Ideally some experience in transactions related diligence
* Delivers high quality work under pressure in a high-pressure environment
* Plans and presents well-organized work product
* Desire to develop project execution skills and client deliverable experience
* Strong analytical and communication (written and oral) skills required
* Demonstrates ability to apply learnings from one transaction to the next, implementing new skills and techniques
* Applies knowledge of the client's industry when reviewing information, including preparing for clients discussions and focusing on specific areas for diligence.
* Seeks to improve skills through self-development