2nd Shift Slitter Operator
Employment Type: Full-Time
EMPLOYEES ARE OUR GREATEST ASSET !
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation's largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, 'We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future' is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The 'win' for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, 'We help our customers win by doing what others can't or won't' gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others 'can't or won't' for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
WE OFFER $18.00/HOUR PLUS SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL TO START! In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
$18.00 per hour plus $1.25/hour shift differential depending on experience
Shift Supervisor/Operations Manager
Responsible for setting up and running the slitter, cut paper to proper size and measurements according to customer specifications. Help to produce the finest quality product at rates and standards consistent with the Company's desire to be a Preferred Supplier of cost effective, top quality products.
* Set up and operate slitter machine to cut continuous lengths of material into strips of specified widths.
* Space rotary blades on machine shaft, according to width specified for strips and turns setscrews to secure blades in position.
* Mount roll of material on machine supports and thread material over tension bar, between feed rollers and under rotary blades.
* Observe flow of material in the slitting and rewinding operation and examine cut strips for defects; adjust as needed.
* Disengage winding shaft and remove narrow rolls of material.
* Participate in continuous improvement and effectively communicate opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
* Assist in all phases of machine operation as needed for breaks, changes or special projects.
* Keep up to date with any ongoing machine improvements.
* Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
* Foster an attitude of lean thinking, sustain improvements and follow lean initiatives.
* All other reasonable duties as required.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to use hoist and have mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organizations.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Persons hired are required to be available to work M-F and be available for 2nd Shift 2:00pm-10:30pm. Overtime is also required which can include 12 hour shifts, some Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
Great Northern is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Min Hiring Rate $18.00
* Great Northern Laminations West, 12075 Cabernet Drive, 12075 Cabernet Drive, Fontana, California, United States of America