Employment Type: Full-Time
This position is responsible for providing on-site 'functional' (i.e. structures, concrete, underground, etc.) supervision of a project.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment that meets or exceeds Granite's Annual Incident Goal, and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels
2. Create and promote, in his/her organization, the ability to recognize and understand the appropriate environmental policies, rules, and the potential adverse affects to the environment due to operations, and take steps necessary to comply with policy/rules, and mitigate the effects of operations
3. Create and/or foster a quality culture that recognizes the affect of quality on all operations, and takes steps necessary to provide a product or service that is a source of pride for our workers, and pleasing to our customers
4. Supervise functional construction effort to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
5. Plan, coordinate and supervise and manage resources in order to make sure project objectives are met.
6. Supervise craft employees to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project are met.
7. Assist project team in scheduling, developing, and implementing project Work Plans and procedures, working documents and standards to ensure project goals are achieved.
8. Interface with all on-site work teams (including subcontractors) as required, to resolve problems, ensure quality, safety, scheduling and achieving schedules in support of overall project objectives.
* High School Diploma or equivalency.
* 5+ years in construction management and/or craft supervision experience (i.e. Foreman) in a similar field of construction.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); company policies, procedures and standards. Communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required.
* Excellent management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
* Team player
* Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
* Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
* Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record