Executive Admin I - Legal
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position supports members of the Legal Department and, in addition to general administrative work, shall assist with scheduling meetings, maintaining databases and producing reports or presentations for Law Department staff. Responsibilities also include coordinating special assignments and projects to ensure that (1) the department runs efficiently and (2) Law Department staff is relieved of administrative burdens.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Under limited supervision, perform a variety of complex and specialized administrative and office support functions to ensure the daily operations of the Legal Department are run efficiently and professionally.
2. Draft, edit, and distribute assigned correspondence to ensure timely and accurate communications.
3. Prepare and coordinate professional Power Point presentations and briefing materials for use in arbitrations, mediations, and executive and Board meetings.
4. Manage Legal Department's calendar (including travel arrangements) and documents requiring review/approval (including staff timekeeping requirements).
5. Schedule and coordinate meetings (including meeting invites, agendas, materials, food/refreshment, meeting minutes).
6. Docket project/legal deadlines, monitoring progress/completion.
7. Assist with questions from other Company departments and serve as key contact to ensure all requests are responded to in a timely manner.
8. Assemble and process expense reports for the Legal Department. Manage and coordinate departmental expenses to ensure accurate accounting and budgeting.
9. Serve as the point person for all telephone and mail inquiries for the Legal Department to ensure all matters of significance are brought to attention of the proper person and that outstanding customer service is provided to all customers and the public
10. Collaborate with administrative staff on Company-wide projects/initiatives.
11. Assist in-house counsel or other staff with their daily functions to ensure department goals are achieved and staff is notified of important policy and Company information.
* Associate degree or equivalent experience required
* Bachelor's degree a plus
* 5+ years of increasingly responsible office administrative experience, min 2 years experience at the executive level
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Professional discretion
* Demonstrates project management skills along with a high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly
* Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges with consistent follow through
* Attention to detail/accuracy, quick learner, and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
* Proficient written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information and convey concepts, ideas, and information to all levels of employees
* Ability to set priorities, organize work, and work in high production environment while responding quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities, and tight timelines/deadlines
* Excellent consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, management, and external customers
* Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
* Ability to work well with all levels of staff as well as internal and external customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
* Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
* Valid driver's license and ability to drive
* Occasional travel may be required